Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Staffordshire
City
Stoke-on-Trent
Hey everyone.

I've never posted on a forum before such as this one, although I've long been someone that often browses to see what others are going through and that people have to say. But I'm genuinely at my wits end and don't know how to cope any longer, so perhaps just discussing my issue a little might help in some sort of way, I don't know. But I'm willing to give it a try.

So my twitching started around 6 months ago now. I believe I first felt it in my leg, but then soon got it in one eyelid, and then both eyelids. Fast forward some months and the twitching is literally all over my body, every minute of every day. I've even felt twitching/spasms in my arse cheeks and head! And over the last few days have also felt it in my face, just above my upper lip, which is something new.

I haven't felt any muscle weakness, although I do seem to suffer with fibromyalgia which makes me joints and muscle feel sore and a little tender often. But, touch wood, I can do things like lift heavy things and walk up my stairs fine. I'm so tired and fatigued all the time. I'm 32 years of age but dose in the day more than my Grandad does! Though admittedly I'm not and have never been a good sleeper, and generally sleep less than 4 hours a night.

Does this sound like BFS more than ALS? I do have an appointment to see a Neurologist in March, but that still seems so far away. Now I do suffer with GAD (developed a couple of years ago after been diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse) and have been severely stressed for a couple of years for a couple of different reasons, just to give a bit of background about myself.

I have also had ongoing digestive issues (constant constipation, gurgling intestines and stomach, belching every minute or two) for around 2 and a half years now that I still haven't resolved. The only test I've had was a Barium swallow, which didn't show anything negative. I'm currently doing my own breath test at home to check for sensitivities to things like Fructose and Lactose etc.

Any sort of advice or thoughts would really be appreciated, like you wouldn't believe. I know pretty much everyone here will have their own issues going on and it's no walk in the park for any of us, Cheers for hearing me out.

Tyler

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tyler,

You have insight into your own questions. 4h of sleep a night is going to lead to dozing. Digestive issues also sap energy and may contribute to nutritional deficiencies/imbalances that can worsen twitching. All these are issues to discuss with your current or a new GP. I don't think you need a neuro, but perhaps that visit will reassure you as well.

The good news -- you're in the wrong place here.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back