Not open for further replies.

modestmouse

Country
US
State
ohio
City
cincinnati
I'm 34 years old and in pretty good shape. I work a fairly tough construction job(I am still very able to do everything I ever have physically), but I'm having trouble swallowing my own saliva. It's not hard for me to eat or swallow any foods or drinks and it not very difficult to swallow my saliva, but I do have to think about it. Feels a little constricted, but my ent dr says there is no blockage.

You almost certainly have a rare, incurable neuromuscular disease. Get your affairs in order asap.

Hi,

I am sorry to be blunt but, when I read posts by people stating how healthy they are and how much strength they have to accomplish such tasks as you describe in your post, I feel like, well, somewhat being slapped at the face.

I can hardly get up from sitting on a chair, let alone walk, or open a bottle of water or even lifting a gallon of orange juice. None of these "simple" tasks I can do.

You are in pretty good shape to accomplish such tasks like working on a tough construction.

You say you have "problems" swallowing your own saliva. That probably is your salivary glands producing too much saliva in response to something you eat or drink. Do you smoke, by chance? Drink alcohol?
I'm NOT a Doctor and I'm not by any means going to make any kind of diagnosis but...why don't you look for a second opinion if you are so worried about this?

Good luck.

Drink milk? Eat cheese? Have allergies? Have hay fever? All this cause saliva to be thicker. Your problem is actually very common, much more than I ever imagined. I can't swallow my saliva. It bothers others more than me. I haven't been able to for many months. Many problems can cause this. Find another ENT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back