Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Texas
City
NRH
I feel bad for asking questions. I know we all have issues and some have answers nobody wants to hear. I would rather be there for you but I do not know how. I truly am grateful for your input. My situation is this:
I am a 34 YO male,
I have had twitches for almost 5 years. They usually last seconds/minutes before they go away.
I have had deep muscle pain/bone pain for 4+ years.

In July of 06 I had a different kind of twitch. It was in a big muslce in my left bicep that lasted for 12 hours. A month later I noticed my bicep being signigicantly smaller than my other bicep.

In the past 3-4 months I have hoarseness that comes for two weeks and goes for two weeks almost regularly. A funny feeling in my throat comes with it. (Lump/weird feeling)

I have had the left leg, and left arm hurt and feel weird up and down it and it lasts for days which comes and goes.

For the past three days My right hand has twitched allover it and is stiff and soar. It will not stop.

I just went to the Neuro and got the Nerve conduction (Hurt like crazy when they turned it up) and a EMG (Hurt like crazy when the doc moved the needles around). All Normal.
Blood tests all normal. Lyme all normal.

What do your hands/legs feel like when they are becoming victims to this horrible disease? Any other feelings from your conditions that sharing with us might give us a help us understand a little better?
Thanks so much and God Bless all of you.

Bubba
Texas

bubba,

The fact that you've been twitching for 5 years, almost surely clears you, but there are exceptionos to the rule....the fact of a clean EMG, after 5 years of twitching, i would say your 99.9% clean.....

You are about 99.9% a BFS man!

ALS twitches, usually show pathological changes w/in 3 months of the first twitch. The Mayo Clinic did a study of 132 people that had twitches for more than two years w/ no path. changes, and of all 132, none of them developed ALS!

Good luck.

Rgds,

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back