Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
GA
City
Mableton
How can you tell when another part of your body is starting to be affected? Right now my right hand and arm are. Do you have any signs of when your legs are starting to be affected? I keep reading about people falling so I was just wondering. I guess you can tell I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed in June 2006 still have trouble accepting the whole thing, did the walk this past Sat. in Atlanta, I guess once you start attending the support group meetings and doing the walks it means your adjusting and I am trying, my family is great and are supporting me well, but sometimes I wonder about myself. I am not sleeping well and it's not because of pain or my breathing, any suggestions?
Rhonda

Sleep

Rhonda said:
How can you tell when another part of your body is starting to be affected? Right now my right hand and arm are. Do you have any signs of when your legs are starting to be affected? I keep reading about people falling so I was just wondering. I guess you can tell I am new to the forum. I was diagnosed in June 2006 still have trouble accepting the whole thing, did the walk this past Sat. in Atlanta, I guess once you start attending the support group meetings and doing the walks it means your adjusting and I am trying, my family is great and are supporting me well, but sometimes I wonder about myself. I am not sleeping well and it's not because of pain or my breathing, any suggestions?
Rhonda

Hi Rhonda. My husband also has trouble sleeping and takes a xanax about an hour before bedtime. He takes the lowest dose available and it works well for him. It is really important that you get the best rest you can each night so you might ask your doctor about it. My mother-in-law is in her 80's and has used xanax for years. (She doesn't have ALS, but told us about the xanax) I sleep better too when he takes it as he isn't keeping me awake and he feels so much better the next day. He doesn't seem to have any trouble waking up from it, some meds can leave you groggy after you get up. This one doesn't. Hope that helps. Take Care. Boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back