08/2007
Country
US
State
MD
City
Baltimore
Hi All!
Mom was diagnosed with ALS in August. Second opinion agreed in Dec. She has been experiencing the jumpy leg issue at night for about 8 weeks. ALS doc wants her to see a sleep disorder doc. Appointments are impossible to get any time soon! Any one else having this problem? I keeps her up most of the night! She is exhausted!
Help:confused:

jumpy legs

Hi,
My husband has also been having the jumpy leg thing and it keeps him (both of us) up all night. We have tried to different sleeping pills, sleepy time tea, muscle relaxers...still looking for answers. We have been told that he has spastic ALS. We joke that if he put a pedometer on he would have run miles. Laugh or cry...right! Still looking for sleepy ideas. Good Luck.

My Mother takes Amitriptyline for this. It's an anti-depressant, but one of its side effects seems to help control her legs. Hope this helps.

I've always suffered from jumpy legs, now I have this and cramps as well. Quinine helps, as does stretching frequently. I also keep my legs propped up as often as possible. LOL, in October I was on a week of jury duty, which required long hours of sitting. Not easy when your body has a mind of its own. So I asked for an extra chair to put my feet up on whenever we were in the jury room. At one point a court officer checked in on us and expressed surprise to see me in nearly reclining position

"Can we do anything else for you," he quipped, "Like bring you a drink with a little paper umbrella in it?"

I didn't miss a beat. I told him. "Why thanks, officer. I am sure we will all appreciate a tray full of those fancy drinks!:-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back