Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
MD
City
Eastern Shore of Maryland
I learned from her husband Steve that Judy Thurstan died Sunday, May 1. Judy joined this forum over 9 years ago, and most of her ALS contemporaries have long since departed so I think there are few left here that knew her. She and Annie became the closest of friends through this forum and through daily correspondence were of immeasurable encouragement to one another. Likewise, Judy became a very, very dear friend to me after Annie's departure.

Judy was a selfless Christian who strove to be of help and comfort to others in the trials of life, and especially those who were suffering the devastation of ALS. She was at total peace with the course she had to run and she ran it well and faithfully. Judy had been in a nursing facility for the last four years and continued her ministry of encouragement to other patients and the staff.

Judy's participation in the forum necessarily diminished as her ability declined. For years she only had a modicum of use of one finger, and so she was forced to ration her communication very judiciously. So although she hasn't been able to participate here for a long time, she will always be remembered and loved by those of us who were blessed to know her.

Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry to hear this. May she fly free. Condolences to her family and friends

I didn't know her but because of those that went before us and give us courage I am thankful! Thank you Phil for letting the forum know. Love ya chally

Phil, I'm so sad for Judy's Steve and family on the loss of Judy. She sounds like she was truly a gift from God to everyone she met.
Her friendship with Annie and yourself sounds very much a silver lining in your life.

Phil thanks for letting us know that Judith has died. I remember reading her postings in the Christians thread. She was a blessing to this forum. So sad for the terrible struggle she had, but she has gone home. May God Bless her and comfort her family.
Laurel

She is shining brightly above. Her wonderful deeds while here will light up those who knew her until the meet again. Prayers for her family.

Judy's faith is a great encouragement to me. I miss her friendship more than I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back