Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
KY
City
Stanford
Hi, I'm kylisa. My mother was diagnosed in Feb 08. She began having major problems in June 07. Now, she is almost bedridden, fully fed through a peg, has no voice, and has lost the majority of use of her left arm and hand. She is bulbar now with laughing and crying spells. I pray everyday that the Lord will not let her suffer too bad for too long. She has been a real trooper through this terrible disease.

welcome kylisa,
I'm glad you found us, and sorry all at the same time. Hopefully, you will find a lot of support and friendship on here, it's a great bunch of folks!
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother,
Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

welcome kylissa,
im 54 yr. old diagnosed. three yrs ago with als but had problems since 2003. only when i lost my voice did i get a diagnosed. i have lost the use of both hands, legs n voice. i to have uncontrollable laughing n crying episodes that cut off my social life. i can still use a spoon to feed myself n my computer to cominunicate. i have a wonderful 19yr son to live for but i know how hard it is for him. he has put his live on hold. i cry myself to sleep every night . i love my son n wish i didnt have to burden him. u r there for ur mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back