• Memoriam wall
    • We've created a memoriam wall to remember our friends
    • If you know someone that battled ALS, please add them here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its so hard when someone passes away you get to talking to people here and they become part of your family. It saddens me to see this. May Joel rest in peace. He will be missed. My prayers and thoughts to the family.
Sandy

Joel was a fine man.

As a newcomer to this forum I wrote to him with a personal question that I felt I might not have been entitled to ask. He responded then, and numerous times, with such warmth and transparency. I remember his words, "ask anything, my life is an open book".

A friend I admired and will miss very much! My thoughts are with you Josh, and with your family.
God Bless you all!

My thoughts are with you all at this very sad time.

Joel helped my husband make his decision to go with a tracheostomy for which we will always be grateful.

God bless

RACHEL x

Devastating news for a number of ALS communities. May he rest in peace. Dani

Sorry I have not been on here much what with taking care of my daughter and my father. I knew what the plan was, and the more time went by that I went on here, the more I dreaded coming on for fear that we had lost our dear friend. I so regret not being able to get my car fixed in time, and my passport in order so I could just do the 3 hour drive to see one of my favorite people. Such an inspiration he was, and with his blog, always will be. Christine, now is the time for you to rest dear heart, and my thoughts and prayers are with your family. I write this in tears, and so much anger that this horrible disease has taken yet another one of our family here. I am just so so sad. Yet, I know in my heart and soul that Joel is finally free of this disease. No more suffering.

I will look forward to finally meeting him on the other side. I love you Joel!

~Kari

Joel's honesty and integrity has been an inspiration to us all and he will be greatly missed.

I am very sad to hear this news, yet happy that Joel is at peace and was able to get what he wanted. Joel was a good man who will be missed here terribly. You and your entire family will be in my prayers.

One last Thanks to Joel for everything he did for all of us. God Bless you Joel.

God bless....

My heartfelt condolences go out to Joel's family. He leaves a legacy of faith and hope for all of us. We don't lament his passing, but know he is gloriously happy in the presence of our Lord and Savior. He is no doubt there, appealing for the comfort and easy journey of those of us he left behind. We will look for him there. He is looking for us as well..... There must have been great celebrating at his funeral. He will never be forgotten.

So so sorry for you loss. Unfortunately I know the feeling. Thinking of your family during this difficult time.

so sorry to hear of joels passing, his wisdom and his empathy will me missed by all, but he is now in a better place watching over us, margaret

Blessings & prayers to Joel & his family. He was a strong presence here and will be missed greatly.

My sympathies and prayers to Christine and the family. Joel was very supportive to me when I was travelling this journey with my dad and I appreciated his honesty and genuiness. He will be missed

My heartfelt condolences to Christine and all the family. Josh, thanks for letting us all know. Joel's work here and on his blog were such an inspiration to me when I was newly diagnosed. He truly made a difference.
Sue

I just saw this news. I am so sad to hear that Joel has gone, but appreciate that this was on his own terms. This place will not be the same without him. Rest in peace, Joel.

Lydia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back