Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Richmond
Ok, so it's only sort of a "story of hope," but it made me feel good nonetheless...

I was looking on the state jobs website for Virginia and found that they're hiring an hourly as-needed medicolegal death investigator position in the medical examiner's office. This is as close to my dream job as I could get in VA! They don't have designated "nurse death investigators" (.....yet!) but it'd be essentially the same thing. Best part, you ask? I could keep my full-time job at the hospital, not have to worry about losing my benefits, and finally get to practice in the area I've been dreaming of since I was 13! I sent in my resume and application, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can get an interview.

The only downer is that I applied about a year ago for the same position, only it was a full-time position, and didn't even get an interview. Don't know why. The job requirements are to have either a medical background with knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology, OR a criminal justice background with knowledge of evidence collection and forensic procedures. Well, I've been a nurse x 5 years in ICU and ER settings, so check off the first requirement. I also have a BS degree in criminal justice with forensic crime scene investigation concentration, which included intern hours in the Baltimore ME's office. Check off the second one. I'm perfect for the job!

So needless to say, I am excited and hopeful. I know that if it's meant to happen, it will, and if it isn't, it won't. But I really would like to be meant to happen!

Wish me luck!
~Michelle

Michelle,

Best of luck to you! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!

That does sound like the dream job for you-and such an interesting one too!
Keep us posted,
brenda

Michelle,

You couldn't ask for a more perfect fit! I'm excited for you. It does sound like it would be fascinating, and you have all of the necessary job requirements. I hope you hear good news very soon. Please let us know. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back