Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
ca
City
thousand oaks
It is with a broken heart that I tell you that I lost my soul mate at 624 2/14/09. Jim knew I was afraid of him dying in the dark, (we had joked morbidly about it in better times) he waited for the sun to rise, I stroked his head, describing the sunrise and the birds, and told him it was okay to go home now. He then drew his last breath. while my heart is truly shattered and broken, I feel joy for his freedom, I know he is dancing,laughing, singing and telling stories now.

Andrea

Andrea, our hearts and prayers go out to you. You are SO special to have cared so much and in all the ways you did. Not even knowing you, we grieve and shed tears with you. I sobbed when I read this, but don't feel badly, it was a release. May your wonderful memories sustain you. Marjorie and Rick

I'm so sorry to hear about Jim. Take comfort in the fact he's having a heck of a party.

So sorry Andrea for your loss of Jim but hope he's in a better place.

AL.

Andrea, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, my deepest condolences!

Andrea,

You painted a wonderful picture of Jim's departure. Please know that you made a tremendous difference during his illness. My condolences to you in this time of mourning.

Kim

Hi Andrea,
Our hearts go out to you in your husband's passing. Everything about this disease is so devastating to everyone!
May the peace that passes all understanding be with you during this part of your journey.
Blessings,
Joan and Rick

Andrea,
I can remember your first visit to this site, and I thought of the beauty of your love from that first post. I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing, your love for him was a blessing to all on this forum, I am sure he is filled with that love in death as well as life. I am thinking of you today and can only think of your love filled wedding photo, and will forever carry that picture of the two of you in my mind. Please visit with us often, and share our love with your family..

My deepesy sympathy

Sorry to hear your huusband has passed away, but I am glad that he is singing and dancing in his healthy body. My husband passed Feb.5, and he is playing hockey and fishing ane enjoying walking again

Andrea, I am very sorry for Jim's passing and though we haven't talked before I think that we are all friends here and please accept my condolences as your friend. I cannot think of a nicer way to go than to see the sunrise and hear the birds singing with someone that you love by your side. Take care of yourself.

Barry

How long was your husband sick?

How long did your husband have als? The reason i am asking is that my husband(soul mate) goes to Emory in Atlanta to confirm the als diagnosis. We have so many questions, when i read your story it really touched me. i am new to this forum, don't know if i even know how all of this works, i am not a computer savy person. Any advice would be appreciated.

Felicia,
While I understand your questions, please know that ALS is different for everyone. We all want a promise of time left, what to expect, how it will be, etc. Jim was a very rapid progressor, and his ALS was very unusually agressive. He went from first symptoms to diagnosis in a month, and lived only 359 days past his diagnosis. Please know, that is very atypical, and many survive many years.
One small piece of advice I can offer you, as best as you possibly can, don't think of the future. It will come as it comes. While you obviously have to plan for some things, such as accessibility, etc, I promise you, the thoughts are much worse than the reality. When Jim was first diagnosed, the idea of him being in a wheelchair was more than either of us could bear. However, when he did need a wheelchair, it wasn't nearly as terrible as the thoughts of it were.
Enjoy your lives, your time together, treasure every small detail. Jim and I lived out many of our dreams in what was our final year, we took a 2 week trip to Jamaica, without the kids, and enjoyed a luxurious 5 star resort, we flew over the island in a helicopter, we went around the west coast in our RV, we wented a houseboat on Lake Mead for 2 weeks, we took a cruise, we spent every waking/sleeping moment together. Now, that wasn't unusual for us, we had a deep love for each other, and always enjoyed each others company. But there was something very tender, beautiful and loving about the knowing that our time was limited. Of course we cried too, but please, enjoy your lives, as the country song goes, live like you are dying. You won't regret a moment.
Andrea

Very nicely put Andrea. Thank you for being around so soon after Jim's passing to offer advice and help to others.

AL.

Andrea,I am so sorry to hear of your husbands passing .I feel I have just read the ending of a beautiful love story.My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back