Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
I posted a few days ago about how my ears felt like they needed to pop, but couldn't. I now have horrible jaw pain and my upper teeth are causing me unbearable pain. I wrote earlier how yesterday my jaw jerk reflex was 1+. For those of you who get jaw spasms, do you have full range of motion in your jaw when it is occurring? Also, is the pain continuous? And do your jaw spasms ever cause teeth pain? Thank you for your patience. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I guess I'm trying to figure out if my jaw aches and my cheek muscles/teeth hurt because of muscle spasms.

The pain is horrible. Has anyone experienced anything like this? It seems to be radiating around my lower face. Is this what a jaw spasm feels like?

I have that problem from jaw jerk, jaw clonus, and spasms.. I know Olly has that problem at times also.. It is quite painful.

Michelle-I have jaw spasms that are so severe they make me cry. I seem to get the spasms mostly after a big yawn. I've also thought that my gums around my teeth were a little more painful...I can't explain it maybe just achy. I have had the ear thing since September. Not only do they feel like they need to "pop" but I also notice a vibration, especially when I try to go to sleep. I thought I was the only person with this. Take care- Teresa

hi michelle.
you would definatly have stiifness in your jaw as well and it would be slower to move.

when my jaw is really bad it effects the articulation of my speech.
eating can be a nightmare,i lost a lot of wieght last year because i was unable to chew.

i have never had tooth or gum pain but my facial muscles can be very painfull.
once my cheeks were so spastic and hard it looked like i had golf balls in my mouth:shock:

i do get dystonia like spasms in my right jaw muscles,these physically distort the right side of my lower face and mouth. i can not turn my neck/head round to right as it can set them off.

1+ jaw reflex would not cause jaw problems or spasticity. also it would not suddenly become spastic.
there could be many other reasons for your facial pain like grinding your teeth or even stress.
unless it causes complications with talking and eating i am sure it will be ok:p

Hi,this is the regular problem being faced by all of us.There are no age differences for this problem of attacking.As,per my knowledge general precautions should be taken place and regularly have to be done.

I also have the spasms anytime I yawn or move my head to either side.
About all I have been able to do is have someone massage them out if I can open my mouth to tell them.

Have you considered TMJ?

I get jaw clamp spasms too , and seem to grind my teeth after them , annoyingly sudden , and I don't always get my tongue or cheek out of the way . When I yawn , that's when it hurts , and it seems to click out of joint and clunk back in again , a bit scary .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back