Xenon

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
EU
Hello all, sorry for my bad English.
I am 25 year old male from Europe, it is very hard to meet with neurologist here ( 5 months, so i have to wait)
In last two months i am having some weird symptoms.

But most disturbing is when i strech my jaw and my front teeth’s are touching my lower jaw begins to chatter hitting uper teeths, and if i push it slightly with my finger it will chatter much more(this is constant). is that jaw clonus that is seen in ALS?in rest there is no jaw tremor, only when i strech jaw.

Other symptoms:
1.Widespread fasticulastions(some are painful)
2.Both hands postural finger tremor
3.Tremor in all muscles when using force( pushing)
3.ring and pinky finger on both hand is twitching left to right if i strecth them
4.Waking up with numb fingers on both hands
5.All muscles are more easly fatigued, and tends to cramp.
5.Fragmanted sleep,waking up with hearth palpations
5.Excessive urge to urinate, excessive sweating( to embarassing amount)
6.Slurred speech(noticed by some friends, speech is not slow but i stutter on words ocasionally)
7.Clogged right ear(no infection or wax buildup)
8.Developd a post nasal drip which creates thick muscus which is hard to swallow and stays on back of throat
9.ithcing in back of throat,dry cough because of that
10.Constant runny nose(no infection or allergies)

There is no weakness is limbs.
I already did all blood work(b12,thryoid,vitmain d,…) and MRI of brain that only showed devieted septum.

Does it look like ALS?Should i wait 5 months for neurlogical exam or try to go to private clinic and pay for exam(which is expensive)?

No, this does not sound like ALS to me. Fragmented sleep, stress, and a deviated septum easily explain everything but urination and sweating, which certain autonomic disorders can cause (not ALS) with the additional contribution of an inconsistent diet, or a food allergy. So those are all areas to consider. In addition, the jaw issue should be examined by a dentist. You might benefit from a bite guard, especially at night. If you are not using a nasal steroid morning and night, that could help, also.

You can also video your sleep at night and see if there are any breathing problems or snoring that comes before waking up with your heart beating fast. It is possible that you would benefit from CPAP or just a more comfortable environment in some way, or making sure that you go to sleep in a peaceful way -- no screens, etc.

I wouldn't spend your money to move up the neurology appointment, but would rather explore some of the areas above, including the basics like your mattress, pillow, and bed frame. When these no longer support you, sleep can indeed be fragmented and uncomfortable. The temperature, humidity, and noise level where you sleep are also worth looking at.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back