Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Livingston
We have had many dogs in our married life. Barley a golden retriever. Then Sky a lab. And Patches a very energetic aussie mix. These dogs have crossed the rainbow Bridge.
We adopted Jasper from our local shelter about 6 years ago. He is a blue tick coonhound and lab mix. When we adopted him he was emaciated and had been shot in the forleg and side. The vets just leave the buckshot there.
Now he is a healthy, strong, needy, energetic 70 pound dog. The ALS connection is that he is very attached to Tom.

ALS has changed his world. His walking buddy sits in a recliner. So Jasper sits on Tom's feet...just in case Tom decides to go for walk, Jasper will be ready. Every morning Jasper runs in the room to say hi to Tom. If Tom uses a throw, Jasper pulls it to the ground and sits on it.

Since Tom's dx, Jasper has been acting out. Counter surfing, successfully managing to get food off the counter, or break a dish trying. He barges through doorways. Can barely hold a sit or stay. Barks if he is outside for 5 minutes. Follows me or stares at me, because I am now his walker.

But I have my hands full. Sorry Jasper, you need to get on the ALS bus with the rest of the family.

Attachments

• 20221226_153826.jpg
    20221226_153826.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back