CALS
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
CA
Re: New at this

My husband and I took Jason in yesterday afternoon In the X-rays it show Jason had left side pneumonia and was admitted into the hospital. They did a bronchoscopy this evening and really cleaned out his lung. I couldn't believe what his lung looked like. I spent the night with him last night because he was unable to signal for the nurse if he needed one and for communication purposes. My husband was going to stay with him tonight but Jason passed away this evening after the bronchoscopy. I am doing alright for the most part. He was able to Skype his girls last Sunday and that raise his spirits and knowing his brother was coming out from Texas put a smile on his face. Unfortunately his brother did'n't make it in time to see his brother. I am at peace with this but this house seems so empty without him. I had 46 years with him and I thank the Lord for that. He is now with the Lord and I am glad for that also. He went very quietly which I am also thankful for. I celebrate his life and I know I will be with him in the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad it was peaceful and he is free. He was lucky to have you. Peace and comfort to you

Narrowminded

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
07/2007
Country
US
State
PA
I am so very sorry for your loss. You were an awesome caregiver for Jason. May you be able to find peace in the Lord.

Hugs and Prayers,

Sue

adrivtham

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
02/2016
Country
US
State
texas
I am so sorry for your loss...it is so hard even though we know they are finally free from this ALS monster.
Hugs to you and your family

Manhattanite

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
NY
So sorry for the loss of your son, but he was lucky to have such a caring and loving mom. xoxo

Nuts

Forum Supporter
Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
North Carolina
I mourn your loss. Jason was so fortunate to have parents like you--you were wonderful caregivers. He's free now, and I wish you peace and healing.
Becky

Angiegal

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
CA
State
Ontario
So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your loved ones.

Angie

pittsburghgal

Distinguished member
Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
Pa
I am so sorry for your loss of your son but grateful that his passing was peaceful and he is home with the Lord. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
I am so very sorry, but happy that you were with him and he was at peace.

Best,
Laurie

mommychops

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
California
I lost my 44-yr-old son after caring for him at home for 19 months. i feel blessed that i could 'have him' during that time. i feel blessed that he went quietly and peacefully in his sleep. what is helping me now is to remember him from before his illness. (i also pretend that he's just on a trip, and my therapist is ok with that.)

soonerwife

Very helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
So sorry for your loss. May peace be with you and your family.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
I am so very sorry for your loss, it must have felt so sudden.

Cherish every memory of happiness you had with him over his life and know that he appreciated everything you did no matter how hard any of it was xxx

KateEmerson

Distinguished member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
MA
My deepest sympathies to you and your family and hoping you can find comfort and peace.

4tloml

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
04/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Deepest condolences. Even when we know they're free of this terrible disease, our hearts still break. Wishing you peace in knowing you cared so deeply and well for Jason. I am so very sorry.

Vincent

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
My condolences. If there is any good in this it is that his troubles are over. Peace be with you.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks