lhagsjr

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
As you know my main 2 complaints are atrophy and twitching but weakness not really which is very odd. So I went to the gym tonight for the first time in probably 10 months. I could bench press 105 lbs. I know that is not a ton of weight but when I was 100% healthy the most I could bench was 135 lbs. I may have been able to do more then 105 but didnt want to press it. I have no idea what this means. I was also curling 20 lbs 3 sets of 10. Jamie is a guy and couldnt probably relate more. Could u do this? I continue to twitch and continue to atrophy but can still walk, talk, eat, breath, and havent lost a devastating amount of strength. Confused as hell....

Lou, I would bet it is deconditioning. I become deconditioned very easily, maybe within just a couple of weeks of inactivity. But, as I think back to my younger years I realize I always felt like I needed to work out more because I always felt weak, out of shape and that I couldn't keep up with the others. I have always been thin and active, so I certainly shouldn't have felt that way. Just makes me wonder how long I have had something going on. Anyway, I am really glad you can still do some gym work. Go slow and see if you can get yourself back where you were. Remember all the basics, gradual, hydrate, etc. See what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back