Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Hi

I’m a new person to this forum, my father was diagnosed (95% sure) with ALS 5 months ago, although the EMG still hasn’t given 100% proof of this, the doctor still believes it is. He has bulbar speech but that is it; he is not weak in any of the upper or lower parts of his body. My father just begun 5 days of IVIG (he is now on day 4), and I was wondering if anybody had a clue on how long it would take to see if it is working or not. I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Doug Culley

Hi Doug. When I did it 4 years ago they said I should notice feeling stronger in 3-4 weeks. In answer to your next question. Unfortunately I felt no better but others here have. Good luck and Welcome.
AL.

Hi Al,

Thanks for the quick response, are you now taking riluzole? The doctor told us that my father would be taking this in the new year depending if the treatment worked. By the way I'm not sure who is in charge of this web site but it is wonderful!

David is the owner/ administrator. I am the Head Moderator/Administrator and CindyM is a moderator as well. TBear and Carol Deboer are moderators as well but Cindy and I do the day to day stuff. Yes I do take Riluzole. It's probably evenly split here between those that do and those that don't. Reasons vary from cost to side effects. There is a search feature above that you can use to get more info or sometimes there are related threads at the bottom of the page that you can click on for information.
AL.

Hi Samy- thanks for the vote of support and thank you for joining us. The site was down for me for a few hours so I missed a lot of posts. Glad to catch up with yours! Sorry to hear about you Dad. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back