Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
OK
City
Ardmore
We went to the MDA/ALS clinic in Oklahoma City today and Eddie received an official diagnosis of ALS. The good news is apparently it is progressing very slowly. His FVC was 92 sitting and 88 lying down. They took into consideration he started smoking when he was 13 and didn't quit for good until he was 43. Everyone there was great. Very upbeat and positive. No doom and gloom. Very helpful with lots of information. So we go forward from here.

Shelly

Sorry to hear the bad news Shelly but glad it's slow moving. Take it one day at a time.
AL.

Shelly -

The diagnosed is bad but I'm glad Eddie's receiving good care. With the advances being made in medical care these days, slow progressors have more reason than ever to be hopeful.

Liz

Last edited:
Shelly,

Sorry to hear about Eddie. Glad the docs were upbeat about progression!

Thank you all for your support.

Hello Shelly, so sorry to hear about Ed. A little piece of the universe goes black every time a new PAL joins the group. Cindy

Hi, Shelly! Sorry to hear about Eddie's diagnosed. May God bless you both, and help you both through this doomed journey!

Irma

Hi Shelly,
Sorry to hear about the diagnosed...........stick around here I am new and I wouldn't make it through this with out all of the knowledgeable people, they truly are godsends. I look forward to coming here for some wonderful resources. Hang in there, it really is up to GOD now..........We will all be praying for you.God Bless You and Your Family:-D:-D
Annette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back