It's always 5pm somewhere in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlered that is making a lot of sense now! Sounds awesome :)

Well first xmas cooking is done and smells like a wonderful success, I'm determined not to cut it though it's driving me a little insane while cooling!

Attachments

• cakemix.jpg
    cakemix.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 208
  • cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 203
Kim, I love Nina Simone. Once when I hardly knew her music I drove to a supermarket and on the road listend to a one hour radio program about Nina Simone featuring a lot of her songs. I was so mesmerzied I sat in the parking lot for half an hour and almost didn't get in to get my groceries before the shop closed.
I didn't know her version of this Cohen classic. Today I had to wait for a friend in a kitschy interior design or whatever store to buy decorations (my idea of mild torture). Of course they had some default pseudo-swank christmas mix on the stereo, lots of swing and jazzy tunes. When a overexited singer did a cover of Leonard Cohen's "Halleluja" I was about to stab myself in the ear with a mouth-blown icicle christmas tree ornament.

Tillie, chatting in the liquor shop sounds like fun. Even tough I don't drink I enjoy the passion and knowlege of people really into rum, whiskey or any other thing that makes their eyes sparkle.
I'll have a Bundaberg Ginger Beer to go with your drink, I just recently tried it at a local bar, not being aware that they are known for rum.

Wish,

Funny....I went to a Christmas concert last night and heard someone TRYING to sing Cohen's "H" and I wanted to run out. Her voice was shrill and for an expensive ticket, the sound system in the concert hall was terrible. The nightmare lasted two hours. I had my 81-year old brother with me and, after going down the elevator packed like a can of sardines, we both had a vertigo episode. I didn't know whether he or I would go down first. Fortunately, we had valet parking so we both hung on to a lamp post while waiting for the car. He actually loved the concert so it was worth it for me to suffer through. He went home and had a Bourbon and I went home and ate some of my feel-good candy. It did nothing for me because I forgot to take my other meds so I was up until 4 am wondering why I couldn't sleep.

Tillie, I hope your Christmas goodies turn out good. I hope to gather up enough energy to make some cookies and my famous lava cake for Christmas.

Cheers.

I definitely want to hang out with y’all, sipping some ginger lemonade, listening to Nina Simone, and exchanging one-line banters with Tillie, littlered, Kim, and others.

I'm going to listen to some more of that Nina Simone when I cook later and think of you all.

I hate bad versions of H, but a good version is always such a find!

Thanks Kim - I'm determined to just enjoy the process of creating the goodies. It's working really well for me to do vegan as my first xmases without Chris were really hard - you can't just do what you traditionally did minus your love. But now I'm developing a whole new tradition and it feels good as it worked well last year and I'm building on that this year.

KarenNWendyn oh yes, hang out with us please! I believe wishmobbing is still shouting Australian Bundaberg Ginger Beer which is non-alcoholic and the best you can get! I love to think that is sold in Germany :)

Wishmobbing definitely sounds fun to hang out with. So many here are — hard to list all the names.

I had this really cool fantasy that all of us were together at a pub with soft music playing (Nina Simone would work), drinks of choice, of course, and ..... all the PALS would be able-bodied. All the CALS’ PALS would be able-bodied, and those who have lost their PALS would suddenly have them back again —- at least for the duration of the pub party. Ah, but since it’s a fantasy, why not just get rid of ALS, and we could all meet and socialize as if it never even existed.

I love your fantasy, Karen. I can see myself running down the warm street and through the bush to Tillie's pub. I would hop up on the bar and dance. I'd make some wonderful organic meals for everyone and bake up a storm! Then I'd hit some golf balls and shoot some hoops. After a few days, I'd find my way to the ocean and surf. I'd be sunburned but feel so much peace. Then we could do it all over again and you could give us a classical concert!

I’d chat and drink with everyone in the pub, eat and enjoy your organic food, and then hop on my bike for many miles in the saddle, climbing up long steep hills to enjoy the views, and then descending blissfully to enjoy a long night’s slumber.

I’d chat and drink with everyone in the pub, eat and enjoy your organic food, and then hop on my bike for many miles in the saddle, climbing up long steep hills to enjoy the views, and then descending blissfully to enjoy a long night’s slumber.

I'd build a huge pub on a resort that would have a golf course, lots of hills with riding trails and a commercial kitchen that opens onto a huge garden growing the organic veges ready for Kim to cook. It would be free to come and stay, you would just help with whatever talents you have to contribute (coz in this fantasy I'm rich as all getout of course). Kim of course you only have to cook when you want as my Chris ran pubs and cafes for many years so don't feel too much pressure ;)

Of course there is a stage for live music concerts as well as a huge jukebox for anytime no one is performing or jamming on stage.

Obviously there would be extensive glamping accommodation among 1000 acres of native bushland with so many koalas we would even be able to identify them all.

Wow that's some awesome dream .... yay go us!

In my fantasy, previous PALS get to come back. I can’t wait to meet Chris!

Yep Karen that's why I let Kim know she only had to cook a bit.

Chris was one of those that could cook 10 different meals at once while holding 3 different conversations so look out, it's going to be a wild pub with a lot of laughter!

There would certainly be some interesting personalities at the party!Cant wait to meet everyone I’ll ship some Apple Crown

Littlered, can you grab me a maple crown?
Sorry I haven't been around lately. It's been a rough few days.
Tillie, when I referenced PZ I meant the PZ from the title of the forum area. I would love to meet you guys in real life (or fantasy, WHATEVER!)
Catch y'all soon.

Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back