Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
KY
City
Stanford
Today we got the official diagnosis. My mother does have ALS. She has upper, lower, and bulbar symptoms. She will be seeing Dr. Fee at UK Medical Center. Anybody on this forum being treated at UK Medical Center in Lexington KY?

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS and he is being treated at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville.

Please continue to read what is posted on this site. You will receive a great deal of support.

Hi Kylisa- I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. We will try to help at every step of the way. Hugs, Cindy

At least you know now, Kylisa, but I'm so sorry. I'll definitely keep your family in my prayers. I was reading your other posts and particulary noticed the one about stiffness after a car ride. My PALS husband has for a long time complained of stiffness anytime he sits for long periods. This started long before ALS was diagnosed; long before there were any symptoms requiring consultation with a doctor. My PALS just attributed it to arthritis or whatever. I never thought anything of it and knew nothing whatsoever about ALS. My husband's ALS is bulbar onset.
I'm sorry your mother has to travel this difficult road. All the best to you and your father as you care for her. May you find all the encouragement and help you need through this caring forum.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back