Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
Wimbledon
City
London
Guys,

Im having massive worries still and feel like crying.

The spasm/twitch i dont know what it is is STILL happening in my right foot the toe next to my small toe, it feels like it's literally under the joint cravis of the toe. And I keep trying to get my mind off it but its still there I even noticed today when i was talking to my boss although it felt like it had move closer to the front of the toe. I feel no pain with it. I tried to get my other half to hold that toe and see if she could feel it last night but she couldnt. It seems like when i attempt to feel the twitch myself it stops but if i rest it or apply pressure on it, it goes off on one for a few seconds. I tried to avoid sending another message on here but when i signed up at the hypercondriacht forum and the BFS forum for a bit of advice you have to wait for a moderator to publicise your message and it till hasnt appeared.

I just walked on my heels and then my toes fine and can move all toes fine although i feel like i dip a little behind my knee in the same foot the twitch is. I do get minor twitches in other parts of my body throughout the day but are never isolated to the one area.

Yesterday I even noticed I kept getting cold sensations in left side of my head then my right eye and even in the same foot with the twitch.

Is there any tests anyone can suggest I do.. I really am struggling to wait till November to see a Neuro. My doctor said to me If I was you i wouldnt lose any sleep over it as I am only 26.

The chiropracter did a reflex test and put a machine that buzzed against my joints and tested my strenght against his hand etc and he said it was fine, but even as im writing this am I getting the occasional twitchy tremor in that toe.

I feel like my life is on hold at the minute.

There is no self test you can do. Only a dr can give you the answers you want. My suggestion is go to your dr and see about some meds for anxiety. Go to the neuro in nov. and believe what they tell you. You are making yourself very sick with the anxiety and stress.

I know it's hard. But I agree with what you are saying.

I have decided to bite the bullet.

I see my Chiropractor again today, I have a Podiatrist/Chiropist appointment on Saturday AM with the opportunity to have biomechanical assesment if they think it's needed.

I have also decided to go private for a Neuro and have that booked for next Wednesday. So I will stop causing such a fuss on here.

Am I right in thinking that with ALS you dont normally notice the twitch until you experience weakness or atrophy? I did the standing on heel test which was fine but when i did the standing on toe test it took me a couple of attempts to get my balance on my right foot and even then it was a little bit shakey.

I do play alot of football and I am naturally right footed, I don't experience any physical problems playing football, the only weird thing I noticed is when the ball was passed to me it hit me just above the from section of the ankle and caused pins and needles in my foot for a few seconds.

Please reply back.

Thank You

are you a goalkeeper who dives about making agile save..or a defender making tackles..or a midfielder running up and down the pitch...or a striker, fast , on the end of strong tackles......if you are any of these you are fit as a flea.........johnny

The latter Johnny I like to think although I wouldnt class myself as fit, and a Manchester United fan at that. Training tonight so I will atleast try and relieve some worry and anxiety and try to get a grip

well thers your problem....united have had a crap start to the season and u is missing old red nose...johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back