Not open for further replies.

seb88

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
Hi - I have had twitching in my left forearm (the under side) for about 6 weeks now which I’ve been trying to put out of my mind but it’s worrying me as it’s isolated to that muscle only. I am left handed.

It seems to happen more when the muscle is being used, such as texting with a bent arm or whilst and after holding a cup. I’m noticing it pretty continuously at the moment.

I had widespread twitching almost a year ago now and had an EMG on various muscles and all was ok so not sure if I’m worrying over nothing.

It just seems odd that it’s just my left forearm and it’s linked to the muscle in my thumb. I haven’t noticed any weakness.

Any advice much appreciated.

Back in July we suggested you block this site so that you don't fall back into this pattern of worrying yourself about non-ALS symptoms.
Please talk to your doctor and therapist - it STILL is not ALS and next time you get twitching anywhere, it still won't be ALS.
Twitching means nothing, so I'm not being mean, I'm being kind in truth.
I hope you can get the help you need.

Yes, again, you are worried about nothing. Seriously, no one is trying to trick you, twitching alone means absolutely nothing. Nada, zip, zilch. NOTHING.

Take good care and hoping that your 2022 isn't wasted on worrying about a rare, terminal illness that you don't have.

Seb, the advice you will continue getting here is the advice you've received already both from the folk here and from your therapist- block this site. You've been cleared of ALS and to continue posting here is unhealthy for you. Return to your doctor to seek more appropriate care.

Locking this thread. Please don't start another.

Prev thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back