Not open for further replies.

Pudsta

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
City
Connecticut
Hi all I'm just here looking for advice ,I'm a 42 year old lady who went to bed one night and woke up with all 4 limbs tingling none stop toes to knees and both hands it's been there none stop for 22 months now without a second break ever ,

muscle twitches started 6 months ago in my legs and my legs have become weaker so have my hands, I've had a Lot of tests nerve studies emg brain spine mri all normal my Neuro says he hasn't seen anyone like me In 30 years of his career ,I'm waiting on a 2nd emg next month ,

I cannot touch any part of my.body now without feeling it in my right leg everything connects to that so if I touch my hair it will intensify the tinglinv in my right leg if I touch my.left upper leg it will intensify the right always the right it's like my nervous system has gone mad ,

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen someone like me on here maybe looking for advice like me as I cannot really find anyone with none stop tingling any advice would be appreciated thankyou dawn

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a read here to reassure yourself: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-...-common-concerns-about-possible-symptoms.html

Not ALS, which is what this forum knows a lot about.

With regards to what it could be? So many things- the vast majority of which are benign. It really would be up to your doctors to assess and search for companion symptoms that would help narrow the cause down. Just like coughing can signify a throat irritation or hundreds of other issues- sensory issues have too many causes to list.

Thankyou very much for taking the time out to reply to my question It is much appreciated dawn

There are some sensory nerve problems that sound like this. If the tingling referred to the R leg continues, you might ask about a trial of something like gabapentin at a low dose.

Agree this doesn't resemble MND, though.

Best,
Laurie

Thankyou Laurie it's much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back