Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
alaska
City
alaska
HI, I just want some advise and this seems like the place to ask questions. I wrote one other time one the "I think its over thread" but new to all of this. I'm a 26 yr old female with 2 children under 2 1/2, and a wonderful husband. I would like to know if my symptoms are typical in als and if they move as rapidly as mine have. It started out a month 1/2 ago with tingling in my back, went to the chiropractor to see if I could get it fixed, no luck. Then I started feeling dizzy, lightheaded, tunnel vision and nauseas, that's when I decided to go to the doctor. I had a UTI and was low on potassium but fixed those and that wasn't the problem. I was having tingling in my feet and hands. I ended up getting a mri after a week of feeling dizzy, came out clean. My face also went numb, but more on the right side. Felt good for two days then was walking through a store and my legs felt really weak, I didn't feel like I was going to fall, just weak and it was in both legs. Went to the doctor again 4 days later and did some more blood test, all came out clean. When my legs went weak I was having a heat sensation in my right calf muscle about 5 times a day, that went on for about 5 days. Then last wednesday I started to feel twitching in my muscles, one twitch here one twitch there and it would only be one or two twitches in an area. My lips and eyebrows also went numb. I had a funny vibration sensation in my woman parts twice now, really weird feeling. Yesterday my hands started tingling like needles pricking them, both hands. Also, my pinky finger desided to do twitch making it move on it's own, that happed twice. I woke up in the middle of the night and felt a cold sensation down both legs and felt like I could have peed the bed. My eyes sometimes decide to twitch on me. I'm now finding sitting in postions I use to be able to two months ago are now making my legs or arms tingly like they fell asleep. I ended up going to an eye ear nose doctor to a sinus infection thinking I had one since I was feeling dizzy all the time, I was feeling lots of pressure in my face and my eyeballs felt like they were going to pop out at one time. The doc couldn't see anything wrong but had the symptoms of a sinus infection between my eyes, he put me on antibiotics for that, I still feel light headed sometimes when I get up, but not as bad as it use to be. I had a lots of infections going on at one time. I had the UTI, but cleared it up, the stomach flu, supposed sinus infeciton, and a bad chest cold where I could taste the infection. What really concerns me is the tiny twitches I've been having since it doesn't look typical in any other diseases I've looked up. I feel an overall weak feeling. I know I shouldn't be freaking out, but it's hard not too, I'm a young mommy. I go to the docs tomorrow and I'm going to ask for an spinal tap, and then see what nero doc I should go see. Please any advice would help! Thanks, happy new year!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having, and the scare it is causing. It doesn't sound like ALS to me. Probably something neurological, but not ALS. The weakness and twitching could be symptoms of ALS, but combined with all the other symptoms you describe, I doubt it. You definitely need to see a neurologist.

Mike

The symptoms of weakness could just be the residual effects of the infections that you have had. Some of the other symptoms could be side effects of antibiotics. I'd try not to worry if I was you. It doesn't sound like typical ALS to me. AL.

More than likely, your appt. has turned out good and you are clear. The numbness / tingling are not usual ALS symptoms, so you should be reassured. If you continue having problems, you should consult an ALS Clinic / Specalist for a complete workup. Also, you should read up on Benign Fasciculation Syndrome at aboutbfs.com. Good Luck!

Thanks

Thanks for all your help and writing me back, greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back