01/2007
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Bristol
Hi,

I've been having strong tongue fasciculations for a while now. I have also noticed my tongue used to be round but now it looks like tongue atrophy from what I have seen. I initially thought it was a scalloped tongue but it looks too uneven for this. I also felt how thick each side of my tongue was and my left was definitely very thick and my right side which looks atrophied was thin which makes me think the right side is wasting away. My tongue also goes to my left side now.

It is making me anxious about bulbar ALS particularly because of the thickness difference is drastic and the way it looks.

I was wondering if anyone could help and look at the picture.

Thankyou.

Attachments

• tongue atrophy.jpg
    tongue atrophy.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 6,939
We don't interpret tongue pics. If you are worried, see a GP there to address your anxiety. No one here presented with bulbar ALS as you have described, least of all at your age. You are in the wrong place.

Best,
Laurie

If you can stick your tongue out, you don't have bulbar ALS. Secondly, please, folks on the DIHALS section, please, please no tongue pics. Ugh...they do nothing for you or the members here.

Thankyou and sorry for the tongue pic! I should have given a pre warning I apologise!

We don't interpret tongue pics. If you are worried, see a GP there to address your anxiety. No one here presented with bulbar ALS as you have described, least of all at your age. You are in the wrong place.

Best,
Laurie

Thankyou for the reply I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back