Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandy ... my thoughts and prayers are with you. No one ever had a more loving and devoted daughter.

Sandy,
My heartfelt sympathy for your great loss. I pray that you have found the blessing amidst all the "stuff" you will have to do today. You are certainly an amazing woman and your dad is looking down at you with proud eyes, I'm sure of it.
take good care of yourself,
we're here for you if you need anything,
hugs,
brenda

Sandy

My thoughts are with you - you have done so much for your Dad and now he is at peace.

Very big hugs to you

Flowerpot

Dear Sandy,
I am so sorry but your Dad is finally free of this horror. He fought the good fight and is now in heaven smiling down on you. I am always here for you, for whatever you need. You have been an inspiration to me.
Your Dad is at peace and I hope that you can take care of yourself now. You have been so devoted and loving.
Again, I am sorry for your pain.
You are in my heart.
In friendship Always
Jeannie

Dear Sandy,

It is quite a shock to see them after death. It's not something, I suppose, we'll ever forget. I also went through it with my mom 5 months ago.

Though I'm still in the nightmare, there is some light beginning to peek in at the edges. I hope it will for you too, soon. Try to be gentle with yourself.

Best Wishes, Debbie

Oh My Dear Friend................You know that I am sharing your pain.........I know that you have struggled and fought every inch of the way, Just know that he is FREE, FREE at last. I know that you are aching, but know that you fought the good fight and was the BEST damn caregiver ever. I will be thinking of you the next few days.

Just know that the gates opened wide when he entered and he did earn his wings!

call if you need to.......I am hugging you and I want you to know that I am here if you need someone to talk to.

You are truly on of Gods special people,
Your Friend,
netty

Sandy,

I forgot to say: I am terribly sorry for your loss. You loved him with all your heart, so of course you are going to be hurting. There are so many competing emotions at a time like this - heartache, relief, frustration, exhaustion, anger . . . let alone the eternal "WHY?" Three and a half weeks later, I'm still on a roller coaster.

I don't mean to presume to know what you, personally, are going through - it's just that you've written so eloquently about your experience.

Peace to you,

Debbie

So sorry for the loss of your dad Sandy.

AL.

So very very sorry for your loss, Sandy. May you find strength and peace in this difficult time. I have read this thread and you really are a phenomenally loving and devoted daughter. I too am facing this disease through my dad and you are a true inspiration!

Be kind to yourself and know that your father lives through you.

Sandy may God be with you and your family during this difficult time.* You are in my thoughts and prayers.* You are a strong woman, and have been such a wonderful support for your father.* He his now free.* God be with you.

Last edited:
Sandy, I am sorry for your loss.

Thanks you guys. It's been really hard but my sister is here with me and she and I have held each other up so much today. We made a list and got a lot done and tomorrow our extended family will gather with us to honor our father's memory. Unfortunately we have a very frightening fire burning in a populated area of our city right now and we had to evacuate my brother and his family from their home. He's the one that just became a father and the memorial is planned to be at their home. We have all been strong but tonight some of those emotions came to the fore when he decided to stay behind as we were ready to leave. It took him a while to get to our cousin's house and it took a lot of fighting, crying, and horrible emotions before he finally got out of there. I know we all cope with things differently but the evacuation route was gridlocked and he lives in a valley, winds were gusting up to 70mph and we could see the flames from his back yard! Ugh! Interestingly enough is that my father's name is Tom and the fire is named the T fire... they spell it Tea but we heard the name on the radio and there was a moment of whoa in the house! Dad was a fireman... he would love nothing more than a fire in the background at his funeral, except he wouldn't like that houses are burning.

Tomorrow is going to be hard but after yesterday and today, I think that I will be okay... and I'm going to go see my Dr. in the morning and discuss sedatives. I'll take care of business first and then after that, it's up to the family to deal with things and to take care of me for a little bit. I may decide to take a sedative before the services, maybe not... my sister and I plan to go watch the sunrise tomorrow, because Dad went every day before he stopped driving and he took pictures of it. It was special to wake up on your birthday to find an email from Dad with pictures of the sunrise from that morning that he took in your honor. Tomorrow we will take pictures in his honor... and try to conduct ourselves in ways he would be proud of.

It's hard but I'm very happy he is free.

Sandy

Sandy, I am sorry for your loss, all the best to you and your family.

Sandy-

I love that your father would take a picture of the sunrise on your birthdays. What a beautiful and simple gift saying, "I greeted the start of your day. You've been thought of from the moment your day began." And I hope that you and your sister were able to make the sunrise. Sometimes a sunrise when there are fires nearby can be so beautiful. Your family is in my prayers, hoping your brother's home is spared. What crazy days always seem to follow the passing of our loved ones. ...

Kaija

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back