Reason
Other
Country
US
State
NY
City
larchmont
I saw this on another site about ALS and thought I would share. Thoughts? Is it real, is it even vaguely possible. I have heard of people stabilizing but never people getting better.

Success Story
by: Steve J. on Wed, Jun 06 2007

My Father was diagnosed in April 2006 with ALS. The symptoms for him really started in January 2006 when he could not grasp things correctly and he kept falling. After being diagnosed in April 2006 he became worse by the week. We as a family could not keep up with the medical equipment that he needed. First it was a walker, then a wheel chair then a bed.

By August 2006 he was told he had 3 months because the ALS was affecting his lungs. By August 2006 he had a feeding tube, could barely talk, could barely move his hands, could not walk, could not swallow his own saliva. The family came over to say thier goodbyes. Then, graciously, he started rebounding and getting better. Slowly he started having more energy and started being able to eat again. Then he started breathing better. By December 2006 he started to walk again. Now, June 2007, he is walking every where, upstairs, downstairs. We even went to the beach last weekend.

He went to a major medical center and the doctors were absolutely amazed that he was actually getting better. They told him to keep doing what he was doing. Now they said he still has ALS, but he has his life back. My reason for sharing this is, no matter how bad ALS gets, do not quit. There is always hope, and it is possible to get better no matter what else you read. When you do get better, appreciate all aspects of life and be as productive as you can. Thanks for hearing my Dad’s story!

Anything is possible!

Good story! Whether that fella had ALS or not, the bottom line is- never quit!

mamaoftwo said:
I saw this on another site about ALS and thought I would share. Thoughts? Is it real, is it even vaguely possible. I have heard of people stabilizing but never people getting better.

Success Story
by: Steve J. on Wed, Jun 06 2007

My Father was diagnosed in April 2006 with ALS. The symptoms for him really started in January 2006 when he could not grasp things correctly and he kept falling. After being diagnosed in April 2006 he became worse by the week. We as a family could not keep up with the medical equipment that he needed. First it was a walker, then a wheel chair then a bed.

By August 2006 he was told he had 3 months because the ALS was affecting his lungs. By August 2006 he had a feeding tube, could barely talk, could barely move his hands, could not walk, could not swallow his own saliva. The family came over to say thier goodbyes. Then, graciously, he started rebounding and getting better. Slowly he started having more energy and started being able to eat again. Then he started breathing better. By December 2006 he started to walk again. Now, June 2007, he is walking every where, upstairs, downstairs. We even went to the beach last weekend.

He went to a major medical center and the doctors were absolutely amazed that he was actually getting better. They told him to keep doing what he was doing. Now they said he still has ALS, but he has his life back. My reason for sharing this is, no matter how bad ALS gets, do not quit. There is always hope, and it is possible to get better no matter what else you read. When you do get better, appreciate all aspects of life and be as productive as you can. Thanks for hearing my Dad’s story!
I dont think he has ALS and if he does I would love to know what he is doing to reverse it Pat

Probably not Pat but at least he's not trying to sell snake oil as a cure.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back