Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AL
City
Birmingham
About a month ago, I started to feel a burning sensation in my middle tongue. Then pins and needles in my tongue tip. Then feeling like my tongue was huge. Then it felt all wormy. Then general pain in my tongue. Felt a huge bulb in my throat and some throat pain. Could swallow stuff fine. Felt like when I opened my mouth my words would be all garbled, but they haven’t been. I mean, no more than normal.

Went to ENT at this point and he put me on an antibiotic and antacid and sent me home. Nothing has helped.

Now I am really feeling a blob in my esophagus. Food and water still go down, but it hurts/feels like there is a block. I feel like this is a huge mass making my food track wonky. Again, it’ll all make it down, but it’s not easy so to speak. I feel food and water going the whole way down. It’s slow. Voice and words still seem good. Just swallowing.

I will add that I am a very big hypochondriac and have worried about this disease prior. In 2016 I had lots of issues and weakness and was diagnosed with cervical stenosis, followed by ACDF surgery. Along the way to that diagnosis and to ease my mind, a very sweet doctor still did an EMG on my right leg, and it was all clean. Also tested for MS in all that - also all clear.

Trying to think level headed, but all that I read about bulbar way back when keeps coming into my mind. I keep thinking that I didn’t have it back then but it was too early. And now it’s happening.

Hello-

Have a read here first: Read Before Posting

You will read that bulbar ALS does not start with a burning tongue or pins and needles. Not sure what you have, but keep working with your doctors to track it down. ALS should not be a worry for you.

Take care

Thank you. I appreciate the quick response. My prayers are with those affected and with hopes for an eventual cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back