Status
Not open for further replies.
tee5

its CK for the blood enzymes/protein.... as for the tongue emg, that is place that is often chosen for bulbar area EMG, because its a big muscle and readily available. Specifically, having an EMG done of the tongue would not mean that all of the other bulbar region is fine too. Different cranial nerves are responsible for various parts of the bulbar region.

What you've described , your problems with your tongue don't really sound like motor neuron, so I don't imagine the EMG would give you much added information for that reason. Maybe if reducing the Lyrica doesn't take care of swallowing issues, your doctor could refer you to a speech pathologist (not therapist, there is a difference) for an evaluation.....

....following along the Fibromyalgia vein, has your doctor discussed Myofascial Pain Syndrome?

Good luck next Tuesday, :)

tee5

the emg sticky is the second thread down on the Do I have ALS forum (this one) its posted by Al.... follow the link on his first post, it will take you to 3 pages of Q& A on EMG...

Thanks Rose for the information, I found the sticky and this is very good. They have diagnosed anything and will look into Myofascial Pain Syndrome. You all helped me more than you know.

Thanks Tee5 and Rose for the response. The MRI showing atrophy is just what that nero told me but it seems logical enough to be true. Would the CK really be elevated for persons with ALS, has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks-

CB in Ohio

Yes it would be elevated. Average is 200. Mine was 1200 last time I asked. It can also be elevated from a heart attack.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back