Is this atrophy or just a normal dent in my palm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwats42

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
Hi everyone, I just want to start by saying I’m 23 and have had a history of health anxiety over the past 6 years where it often comes and goes. I started getting spasms and twitches all over my body about 2 months ago which caused me to start worrying for the worst. This anxiety caused the spasms to get even worse with my tongue and neck starting to twitch at times. I ended up getting a blood test for several things including creatine kinase levels which all came back perfectly fine. After this my worry went away and the twitching started to really fade away. Then I got a crazy spasm in my right thumb when I woke up one morning and then noticed that there is a visible dent in my thener muscle area but only when I extend my thumb upwards towards my pinky. A lot of the twitching has also started to come back as well as I’ve been fixated on this and have been checking the dent nonstop which might be why my hand has been cramping a little bit from the excessive flexing. I’ve attached images here. Worried that it is atrophy and wondering if anyone has any clues on what it is or if it is just a regular part of my hand. Never noticed it before until now.

Attachments

• BFAF05B4-6A8F-403C-99B9-A2C95559B38B.jpeg
    BFAF05B4-6A8F-403C-99B9-A2C95559B38B.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 397
  • B8A27F4B-77FD-47BD-BADA-DEE6440F184F.jpeg
    B8A27F4B-77FD-47BD-BADA-DEE6440F184F.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 508
  • D22322AB-C392-4619-90AC-07306C23A698.jpeg
    D22322AB-C392-4619-90AC-07306C23A698.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 372
Hi there-

If you could make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

Posting pictures isn't very helpful, as the only person who can properly assess atrophy is a medical professional.

Your post contains some signs of extreme health anxiety. If you are obsessively checking/self testing enough to cause cramping, this is a sign you need to address your health anxiety. A visit to the doctor to discuss some options is a good place to start, and may also be helpful as they can provide a physical assessment and answer your questions about dents, etc in person for you.

In the link above you will read that twitching on its own does not indicate anything sinister. Hoping you will be able to get the reassurance you need from reading it- if not, your doctor might be able to provide additional resources for you.

Dents are not atrophy, please see a doctor as already suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back