Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NH
City
Salem
To all, I thank you for your time and appreciate any response. I am hoping that they find some effective treatment very soon for this very cruel disease. My symptoms started almost four and one half months ago. It came on suddenly with burning and pain that migrated though out my body, ankles, wrists, shoulders, neck, legs, upper arms and a fasciculation in my right hand. The fasciculation then moved to my right foot where I had pain and burning, then the left foot. After, some time it moved over my body, except face. Went to a neuro who said bfs, no weakness, atrophy but did not do an emg. Currently, the fasciculation in my right hand still happens a few times a day but I can feel fasics in other parts of my body almost constantly, I get odd pains in my torso infrequently.The pt said my reflexes are brisk and muscles are tight but i am strong . i have just been diagnosed with gerd and have a delayed cough after swallowing and other times when I haven't eaten. I have not noticed swallowing or choking difficulties. But here's we're the scary part comes in. I have face pain, not cramps, that comes and goes, mostly at the end of the day. I have been biting my tongue and cheeks when talking and last night I woke up with my jaw moving downward three times . I use a cpap for sleep apnea. Could this be clonus? Rheumy said fibro but not the burning pain. I went to my gp today to try to move up my scheduled emg, one month from now, and she said the burning pain is Neuro related. My right leg has started to be stiff when I walk.

Thanks

It doesn't sound like ALS, no. It sounds like you have an unfortunate combination of less dangerous but still onerous conditions - BFS, Fibro, and whatever is causing your neuro pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back