Status
Not open for further replies.
I thank you for your response, can’t the facial droop and the lip twitch be related to ALS? I read it’s because ALS can affect the cranial nerves. I’m a mess and can’t function. The dropping in my face isn’t visible to others but I can tell my right side is a little lower than the left. I have become obsessed with taking pictures, staring at my tongue, looking for atrophy all over my body. I’m sorry if I am upsetting anyone, I just don’t know what else could be wrong with me.

Please refer to Laurie's reply. People online in a forum that supports people who have been diagnosed with ALS can not help you. Seek proper in- person medical care.

I’m sorry for upsetting anyone. I will wait until my neurologist appointment and stop posting here. Thank you for your replies

Update

I saw the neurologist, he was very thorough although was smug. He did all the clinical tests once again and said I have benign fascilation syndrome, he looked at my smile and it wasn’t having tremors at the time, so he said nothing was wrong, he looked in my mouth and said my tongue didn’t have fascilations, but only looked maybe 10 seconds. Everything was the same, no Babinski sign, reflexes normal, no weakness, said I don’t need an EMG because it was pointless.

Just a quick question, my lip tremors come and go and I still get the headache and facial numbness. Can’t hemifacial spams be the beginning of bulbar ALS with no weakness or atrophy yet?
This all came on in late July, this is why I am asking.

Good Lord, you do NOT have ALS. How many more times do you need assurance? Please be grateful that you do not have it instead of trying in desperation to figure out ways in which it could be ALS (which it is not). Again, stop being ungrateful for your health. Every PALS and their CALS wishes for this news.

As to your last question, you've already asked this, and it has already been answered.

Enjoy your long, healthy life. Lucky you.

You might see an ENT who can suggest if the facial numbness/headaches might relate to allergies/congestion/sinus issues.

But, as noted, there is simply no reason to pursue ALS.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back