Status
Not open for further replies.
Went in today at Emory had spirometer test I'm at 88% is that good? Feeling like I can't breath well. They did clinical test and said everything is strong no weakness. Why do I feel so weak? I'm still waiting for the next EMG. Would the other EMGs have shown something like bulbar onset? I'm taking Ativan for anxiety but it doesn't seem to help much. Any suggestions?

All told, your posts don't say ALS to me. To much "feeling weak" and not enough "actually weak." Remember, ALS is about paralyzed muscles that lay limp and useless. They don't feel weak at all. They just don't go.

Stick out your tongue in the mirror and move it up and down, left and right. With Bulbar ALS, your tongue can't do that, no matter how hard you try.

You're in competent hands. Follow their lead.

Thanks Atsugi! I can move my tounge all around. This waiting for another test is getting to me. I'm wondering if the Ativan is making me feel weak. But without it I get anxiety from everything so bad. Thanks for being a friend at a scary time. I will update on the 12 the results of the EMG and single strand rep test. God bless my friend!

Myasthenia gravis, muscular dystrophies, multiple sclerosis are all things that are considered. Some are diagnosed via blood tests, scans, exclusio, etc. Please try to be patient for your emg.

Thanks Gooseberry. I've had 400k worth of tests over the past 2 years. So far nothing but all these symptoms. I appreciate you. So many things have already been ruled out. A lot of people are saying Lyme disease but those were negative too. So just waiting for another EMG to rule this out too.

The single fibre EMG and repetitive nerve stimulation test will aid in diagnosing MG when the blood work is negative, if that is what they are leaning toward. In terms of ALS or another MND, while I am no doctor nor an expert, I feel confident in saying that I would find such a diagnosis improbable. Nonetheless, I can empathize with your frustration and I do hope that your doctors can find a diagnosis and resolution soon. But again, I think in relation to MND, my gut says you're in the clear.

I woke up this morning with major weakness in my chest stomach and neck. I feel like I am cold all day when I walk my legs just quiver and feel so weak. Are you guys sure this doesn't sound like ALS? My neck muscles and swallowing muscles are weak too causing a very strange feeling in my body. I'm taking Ativan for anxiety and Percocet for pain. Maybe the meds are making me feel strange?

TLAC, I've read your thread through from the beginning very carefully just now.

You have ZERO ALS symptoms, you don't even have any that are similar. You have been told this by other very wise members.

Please understand that health anxiety is a very real medical condition and it can cause all of the awful symptoms you are experiencing.

Please go and explain how anxious you are to your doctor. You could print this thread out and take it as it makes you health issues really clear. You really need help and this is treatable.

Until you have your EMG we need you to stop posting here. You won't convince us you have ALS by repeated posting and adding or worsening symptoms - that is part of the health anxiety condition.

Once you have the EMG, let us know the results and then your thread can be closed as you have your health issues treated. The great news is that health anxiety is completely treatable, but it can take months.

I wish you all the best

Sure Tillie no problem. What a relieve it would be if My mind was just doing this to me for two years! Thanks God bless.

Emory is supposed to be great. Good luck. I don't think it's ALS. But, I don't know as much as anyone else. Try to relax and stay off here until you get your test done. Worrying isn't going to change any outcome. Good luck.

I went to Emory today. They did a complete EMG with Nerve Conduction study, and looked for MG. Everything was completely normal. I did share with my doctor I have been tested for c677t mutilation and A1298c mutilation. Both came back Heterozygous positive. If anyone is having symptoms like mine go get tested for these it's called MTHFR. Your body doesn't absorb vitamins and minerals, eliminate toxins well, and assist in the Metholation process. It can cause a variety of symptoms like mine. It can also cause homosistine levels to rise. I'm on my next journey to get my system leveled out with multipal treatments. Please don't ever let anyone tell you it's all in your head, or it's just anxiety. When you are fighting something for 2 years like I have been keep searching! Thanks to those of you who answered my questions, and were kind. God bless those fighting ALS. I'm praying they will find a cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back