Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
New york
I’m back after nearly two years of visiting the site. I was trying to move on but my symptoms have never left. I have weak hands that show atrophy, my feet have lost muscle. My arms have have lost muscle, are weak, and clearly show atrophy on my shoulders . I pretty much have wobbly muscles all over my body. My neck is a lot skinner clearly showing all the muscle that I’ve lost. Still have twitching all over my body, also I’m starting to hear muscle twitches in my face. What is really scaring me now is my breathing. I’m having trouble getting full oxygen. Im really scared.

You were cleared of ALS before, and this has been going on for 2 years. So the time course points away from ALS. If you’re concerned, see a neurologist for an updated evaluation and let us know if they say something different.

How it that I’ve been clear when my symptoms are clearly mimicking that of ALS. I’ve read even on this forum how people have about 2 emgs and are clear. Then have some another 2 done down the line and are later diagnosed with ALS. Doesn’t it take a few years before being diagnosed, despite being clear from emgs at that. I’m lost and confused on how u guys think this is not Als. What about all my symptoms that I’ve describe? Does it sound like Als?

Can anyone explain my recent post? It makes me sad that I don’t have an explanation towards this.

If you have clinical weakness and atrophy confirmed by a neurologist ask him/ her what is wrong. Frankly we have said over the last 2 years all we can. You are free not to believe anything we say but given your history with us please stop asking us.

Work with your doctors and if you have test results to report that have bearing and especially if you have a diagnosis come back and tell us

I will do that Nikki J thank you, and I will keep you posted once the appointment is scheduled. Given your knowledge does this sound like ALS tho?

Reviewing your entire posting history no. But what I or anyone else think is irrelevant. What matters is a doctor who has seen you.

You should spend your energy organizing yourself for an appointment ( review the sticky on getting a diagnosis). The question to ask when you get there is what is wrong with me? Not if you have ALS.

I am closing this thread. Come back and tell us what the outcome of your appointment (s) was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back