Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CN
State
jiangsu
City
suzhou
Hi everyone, I’m a 27 year old male. I recently concerned about ALS a lot, would like to get help.

I recently experienced an unusual shake in my left hand when using a spoon, 2 days later it becomes weakness in my left hand and my fingers became less flexible, and my right hand started to have the same problem. The feeling is more like when you get up in the morning can’t hold your fist. Its not like a continued feeling, sometimes it just go away. I don’t have any symptoms other than this.

Does this sound like early symptom for ALS to you? Or it may just be my anxiety and poor rest? It is quite difficult to get a pro medical check in my town, so could someone please give me your opinions? Whether this sounds like ALS or not?

Thank you very much.

Not at all.

No worries.

I do wonder about this: "The feeling is more like when you get up in the morning can’t hold your fist." Huh? Is that a problem. I'm 62 years old and I never noticed anything like that.

But I don't see ALS there. For one thing, you're young. For another, your problem quickly went to both hands. Most importantly, you said "sometimes it just goes away." ALS never goes away.

Isn't Shanghai near you?

Again, there are many reasons why this is not ALS.

Thanks For your opinion Mike, thank you very much.

I am currently in another city which is not near to any big cities in China, so..

And about the morning weakness thing, I’ve been experience it since childhood, but after grown up, the situation became less frequent, while I have no any clue about it.

update

I appointed with a neurologist next Tuesday, hope this can stop me from concerning.

Now I have weakness in my left shoulder and arm, I just feel general weakness feeling when I use my arm like bending the elbow while I honestly haven’t experienced clinical weakness. I saw a lot of posts by some lovely members saying that als doesn’t cause weak feeling, but only true weakness, functional.

So am I understanding it correctly that these situations are not caused by ALS?
1. when you resting on the bed without using your muscle, you have funny feelings, that’s not caused by als?
2. When you using your muscle, any uncomfort feelings (weak, sore, softy, etc.) are not caused als?

You are correct, Meng. Nothing you just described sounds like ALS.

Good luck at the neurologist next week.

Doesn't sound anything like ALS. Hopefully, your doctor appointment will give you reassurance.

undate

Saw the neurologist today. He won’t even let me finish, and sent me to do a cervical mri next Monday. I asked about als and emg, he just get annoyed and said I don’t think so, you don’t need emg for now. lol

So does that mean I can get relief for a bit or was he simply being irresponsible....

You get relief, don't worry about ALS.

Congratulations! That is very good news. You no longer need to be here. I wasn't worried, anyway. I knew you didn't have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back