Other
Country
FIN
State
länsi suomi
City
turku
Hi guys, and sorry for my bad English.
So, I am 21 year old guy from Finland and I have had some very scary symptoms about two months.
First all started in my left foot, which has some myokymia in my calf and sol. Then myokymias started to spread to my right foot and little to my both arms. My left foot also feel little bit cold and I got some tingling my feets and arms.

So, I started to doubt MS, and I taken ms imaging, but everything was fine. After that, I was very happy and get my life happiness back. But the myokymia still last all over my body and I get some twitching in my limbs. I just thinked that it was something benign, and I dont worried too much.

But then last Friday I checked my left hand and I see some atrophy on my left thenar and I was more scared than ever in my life. I go last monday to neurologist and she said that there is no atrophy and make many reflex, balance, strength and many other neurologic test and everything was fine. She said that If she had just a tiny doubt about ALS she would examine EMG.

I was couple days happy about the meeting, but then I get the feeling like the atrophy has going further, myokymias still present and I am again very scared and I have been feeling like I cannot breath well couple days. But the breath problems usually dated moments when I am anxious. And I have not been feeling any weakness on my arm. But the left thenar and arm have been little bit cramped last days and I have been feeling some achy in the left arm and some tingling. And so my symptoms are localised more on the left side on my body, which scares me more.

I have been diagnosed to myself in last year MS, stomach cancer, brain cancer and heart attack. So maybe this is again the same? Do you guys think that there is some atrophy or am I just paranoid?

I am very thankful if someone answers to me.

Attachments

• IMG_6710.JPG
    IMG_6710.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_6711.JPG
    IMG_6711.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_6715.JPG
    IMG_6715.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_6716.JPG
    IMG_6716.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_6717.JPG
    IMG_6717.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_6718.JPG
    IMG_6718.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,115
Your Dr, a neurologist, told you you don't have ALS. Now you are asking strangers on the internet to diagnose you. Let that sink in for a minute or two. Add to that your history of self diagnosing with lots of different things. I would see your Dr again, to work through why you seem to obsess over the need to have a fatal condition. Hypochondria.
Vincent

hypochondria, please don't continue this here, have respect that the people here are terminally ill in truth.

Turku,

I think you have answered your own question. I don't see anything worrisome in these photos, but more importantly, you clearly have a propensity to self-diagnose yourself, which is causing you great distress. It is an illness, and if you do not address it, it will take over your life and happiness. Twitching, cold, tingling and all the other features you describe are very easily caused/magnified by the mind. It is very powerful.

Do see a counselor who can help you with health anxiety. Then you will be in a position to move forward with the happy, healthy life that a 21-year old should have.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back