00/0000
Country
IN
State
TN
City
Mumbai
Hello guys,
I'm an 17 turning to 18 year old male,and I have been having some worrisome symptoms for the past three months. I am listing them in chronological order so that it may help you guys.

March 2019
Twitching of muscles start in eyelids and areas around eyes. I dismiss it as something related to sleep deprivation.
April 2019
Twitching spreads to all parts of body,including the inside of the mouth (not the tongue though).no other significant complications in the duration of a twitch(lasts to a maximum of 10 seconds).visited a GP, who dismissed it as anxiety related (as I was having my finals then)
May 2019
I notice that my fingers start shaking whenever I bend them.i also notice that I drop things frequently,and trip.(no loss in coordination ).it was in this month that I searched up my symptoms,and came up with als as a potential cause.
June 2019
Muscles in hand, calves, shoulders and foot(both left and right) become painful suddenly (maybe because of cramps).my lips quiver whenever I pitch a tent in my cheeks,and my neck muscles quiver when I smile widely.my arms shake(a lot) when I lift heavy objects.

1. Can anxiety cause trips and drops?
2.can these symptoms be chalked up to a nutrient deficiency?
3.what would you guys suggest the next course of action to be?

I have not had any swallowing/ slurred speech problems until now. I can do the tip toe walk and raise my hands high till now.
Though I know that als in teens is very rare,the past months were very frightening.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks in advance for your help.you guys are the best!:)

Hey Karen!

I've been diagnosed with a vitamin D3 deficiency,and I am taking supplements regarding the same.thank you for your advice,it helped me a lot!
Hope I don't return to this corner of net.
P.s how long do supplements take to kick in?
With gratitude,
Casuallearner

Weeks to several months usually. Thanks for letting us know.

As you have found your regular doctor is much more reliable than Dr Google!

Have a nice summer

Hi again!
My prescription has ended,and while the situation hasn't got worse,it hasn't got better either.
I have burning sensations in my feet and while I'm happy to say that this points away from als,I'm afraid that its something else.
What would you suggest as your next course of action ?
(I'm writing this to update my condition so others can benefit from my account,plus I had questions too)
Thanks once again,
Casuallearner

I suggest you work with your primary care physician. You’re right in that a burning sensation in the feet points away from ALS.

Nothing you posted suggests ALS. This is not a general health or anxiety forum, so I’d suggest you stay away from this site so as not to fuel your anxiety.

Hey Karen
Thanks for the advice. I'mma visit my doctor asap to notify him.
Casuallearner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back