Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
toronto
for 3 years i've had twitching in random parts of my body. And just a year ago i started getting sharp , tinling (sort of) pain in my legs mostly but also anywhere in my bosy, including my face, (but only happenS RARELY on the face). This pain comes and goes and seems to be getting less and less as every episode occurs. During this pain i get a lot of twitching on my foot arches, I have no wekaness anywhere, is this BFS or ALS? im worried.

Simple answer not from a doctor; that sounds nothing like ALS at all. If you don't find a pathological cause for the twitches, you are the classic BFSer, including the worry.

Simple answer not from a doctor; that sounds nothing like ALS at all. If you don't find a pathological cause for the twitches, you are the classic BFSer, including the worry.

I love you for clearing things out. As I read more about BFS and AlS I clearly see that it isn't ALS at all. I also sometimes get aching pain, but it goes away, is this anything to do with ALS?

Aching pain is not normally an ALS symptom. Weakness not sensory issues are.

AL.

Why, you have no weakness, and not having ALS would be such great news.

You need to take a look at the diagnostic criteria that need to be met for ALS. Pain and twitching are not among them (you state you have these). Progressive weakness and atrophy are. You don't have those.

With this in mind, what kind of reasonable conclusion do you think you can come to?

Have you been seen by a physician?

Last edited:
What does your Neuro say you have?

AL.

Iam going to the physician sometime next week, if i had twitching for 3 years wouldnt i have noticed the ALS now?

plus im only 17 and no one in my family has this disease, to be honest i never knew it exited until just now...the internet is a scary place. Atleat now i understand maybe a fraction of how you ALS guys feel.

this is my new post, it goes into more detail with the symptoms...sry for a couple of typos i was typing too fatst.

Last edited by a moderator:
look at my other post named "is this ALS im worried" it goes into more detail with the symptoms that im experiencing

Your link won't work. I've deleted your 2 other threads. You can't post the same information in 3 different areas. Are you expecting a diagnosis here? You've been told you don't have ALS. You say you are going to the doc, sometime next week? Why not see what he says before trying to get an internet diagnosis.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back