00/0000
Country
UK
State
CL
City
Stockton-On-Tees
Hi all

As most of you will know i have really bad twitches in my calfs, more so in my right calf. My biggest problem is when i for example am laying on the couch, if i raise my right leg in the air my twitches start to become really painful. Its hard to describe, i can see them holding and part of the muscle delves in for about 5 seconds and its really painful.

Does this sound like a spasm? and if so isnt this considered a bad sign?

Also i have got to the stage now where if i walk anywhere my leg aches like crazy, i mean really really bad. I was walking round town today and after just a few minutes my right leg was so achy i was limping. I know Wright will tell me to relax lol :p but its really hard to when i am getting this achy pain. When i stop for a few minutes and restart i am ok again for about 5 mins then the ache will come back on again big time.

I can still run upstairs etc but i pay for it when i do with the aching..does this sound anything like ALS? im holding on to the hope that it could be a trapped / irritated nerve but from what i have read this should have gone by now? i have had this for 4 months now!

I was due to have a follow up with my Neuro in April but have managed to get it brought forward to January the 12th so im hoping he can shed some light on all this.

Anyways i hope you all have a happy new year !

Chris

The laying down part sounds like a regular cramp. Could be from many different things. Pain after walking doesn't sound like ALS but a trapped nerve might not go away without surgery. Try to relax until the 12th.

AL.

hi chris

i agree with al,it sounds like cramp,i get it in my left calf.
from my long experience of having spasms they effect the whole limb not just a single muscle and there is severe stiffness.
the aching after walking sounds like muscle fatigue.
hope your appointment goes well on the 12th.

thanks to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back