Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I think I read that colds manifest differently in us. Everyone around me has been sick and even though very careful I think it's my turn.

only symptom is increased mucous causing repeated choke attack and runs to cough machine, like ten times a day?!
Otherwise just fatigued.

have increased fluid, and time in bed. This is hell and hope to get through without pneumonia. Or maybe it's normal late stage.

Have you been running a temperature?

I hope you avoid it - as if you aren't battling enough xxx

no temperature.
just attempts at sneezes and coughs that I can't do!

Or it could be an allergic reaction. Are nose/eyes itchy, red and/or dry? Check all machine/furnace filters and might replace more frequently on general principle...may need to adjust humidification up or down...also might adjust CA settings.

In re time in bed, don't wear yourself out, of course, but being upright some is good whatever is causing the mucus.

Keep us posted!

I can't address if this is late stage but I can say that when my husband ( trached/vented) got a cold/ chest congestion increased mucous and fatigue were often the first signs. It's hard enough with weakened respiratory muscles to expell normal secretions but with a cold it can really ramp up . You're doing what we found worked the best for avoiding pneumonia , increased fluids, increased cough assists, and rest. I would also take temp a few times a day during this to catch an infection early. Kate

Sorry to hear your feeling bad Kay

I too have buckets of mucus all day long

Using the cough assist a lot andsome atropine drop"

Would like to know where all the mucus come from, is it in the esophagus or the trachea? Or the sinuses

from lungs sinuses everywhere. No worse today but still miserable

hugs Kay I hope you get some ease soon xxx

I'm sure that was some sort of cold. Feeling much better an and constant choking gone. Back to normal cough schedule and energy back.

this is so strange because I feel like I'm back in holding pattern. Stable for now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back