Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
AB
City
CALGARY
Does anyone have any idea if there is a liquid version of Mucinex? My husband is having trouble swallowing Mucinex pills now because they are so huge. Mucinex cannot be broken or crushed, so we need to look for alternatives.

Yes, I have bought and used liquid Mucinex.

Mucinex is guaifenesin so you should be able to find a plain cough syrup with only that which is likely cheaper

Thank you @lisa g . Would you be able to send me the exact brand, please? Also, do you use it everyday?

I noticed the liquid Mucinex has a cough suppressant. That scares me as Wayne needs to cough to get everything out. Argh, this is frustrating.

You can absolutely get plain guaifenesin liquid. This is one example on amazon

GoodSense Tussin Mucus & Chest Congestion​

if you search there are others. You are right you don’t want any combination

My husband takes 2 600 mg tablets 2x a day and says they are time released. Would I have to give multiple doses of the 200 mg/10ml liquid throughout the day? Is there an easier way to handle this?

Mary that is why you can't crush them as they would get all absorbed really fast instead of releasing slowly.
I would discuss the change over with the pharmacist.

@Mary2 my husband was not on board with taking multiple doses of the liquid throughout the day. We've gone back to the horse pill and he'll take it with his smoothie. We had no issues tonight. 🤞🤞🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back