Not open for further replies.

Viking818

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
First. Thank you to all who answer on this forum. For those of us here to ask, please know we are very worried. While the pinned post and logic may say one thing, our minds won’t allow that to penetrate our anxiety

Started with leg cramps. Both calves. Stretching them would be uncomfortable but not relieve the cramping. Cramps were not severe. Just constant and annoying. Legs felt heavy.

After two weeks went to doctor and told probably magnesium deficiency. Told to take slow mag and give Medrol shot. Two days later noticed fasciculation right calf. The next day it was both calves.

In addition to cramps and twitches all the time, some numbness in feet.

Doctor’s office still saying deficient (without lab work) and possibly dehydrated. Wake from sleeping every morning about 4am so sleep is not good.

Appetite and desire to exercise both very low.

Dr Google, who causes more harm than good, says twitches and cramps can be a first sign. Follow up with doctor Friday. Will see what is said. Do I push for a neuro visit? EMG? Or is this, like my wife keeps insisting, all in my head?

thank you for your patience and kindness in your responses.

While you see only two choices- ALS or all in your head- there are many many other reasons for cramping, etc. Why not continue working with your doctor instead of assuming you need to see a neurologist? As you can see from the pinned post, there is an extensive list of things that cause things like cramping and twitching, and it is by no means complete. If you keep working with your doctor to track down the cause, you can likely find some relief in the next little while.

Take care

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.

Hi Viking
You wrote: While the pinned post and logic may say one thing, our minds won’t allow that to penetrate our anxiety.
I am truly sorry you are so anxious.
Please however understand that this is a forum for the terminally ill, not an anxiety forum.
You acknowledge that you are being told by doctors this is not ALS, and you acknowledge you have anxiety.
Please join an anxiety forum and discuss your fears there and return to your doctor.
It is not appropriate to ask paralysed people, breathing with machines to get involved.
You can be treated for this. Please block this site from your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back