Not open for further replies.

whimsy_1971

Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Noble
My husband has been rambling all day. He has been saying things that just are not in his nature to say or do. He has been telling everyone how much he loves them and how proud he is of them. He asked today why I thought people died? His response was that they have no will left. He told his father he was going to die today as well. I asked him why he did that and aksed do you think the end is near and he said yes. he hasnt been sleeping well at all, even with the sleeping pills and pain meds he is on. He fights all of it.

any thoughts?

Could it be the mix of all the meds messing him up, or could there be more to this.

Christy,

I don't know what to say...

Just know that I am thinking of you. I wish I could help!

You have been thru such a tough time!

I'm praying for you.

Cj

Thank you.

I have been thinking of you and your pal often and hope you all are feeling better.

Christy,

I don't know what to say...

Just know that I am thinking of you. I wish I could help!

You have been thru such a tough time!

I'm praying for you.

Hi Christy. It sounds like the meds messing him up but if he has decided to let go and quit fighting he may be near the end. Does his breathing still sound the same or shallower? I'm sorry you have to go through this.

AL.

Christy, I'm so sorry for you and your dad, and the struggle he is going through. (And you are going through it too.) I'm sure meds can cause depression or a number of other problems. You might ask the pharmacy to check them out for interactiond.

But it does sound that he is "releasing" and getting prepared to stop fighting. I'm sure PALS know when it is time to let go of this life and prepare for the next one.

Bless you both. It sounds like he is comfortable and at peace.
BethU

Al

Breathing seems about the same. He has most of his problems at night, but they are going into the day time too.

He is on so much medication that I cant imagine them not messing with him, and no sleep that cant be good. I've asked the hospice nurse about it but they just keep bringing more medications.

I just dont know what to think anymore. I feel like I'm loosing my mind.

Hey Christy,
I think that question is one as caregivers, we ask all the time, just not always verbally. My husband does the same thing at times and its usually on days that he is really depressed and down. So when I see the signs that he is feeling down, I usually plan something. I either have friends over for dinner, or take him with me to the grocery store to get comfort (junk) food (VERY short shopping trip), or take him to the bank with me because the ladies at the bank love him and he still flirts with them all. I try to do something that will help him still feel "normal" and pull him out of the depression. I'm not saying that this is happening to your husband, but it's just a thought. When Tim does finally pass, I want it to be because it is God's plan and not because he gave up. Even though I know I don't have any control over it in the end. It can just be very depressing to be stuck in the house all the time and have the same routine and watch your health continue to decline.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Windy

Dear Christy
I am so sorry to hear that this is happening, I have no advise as we haven't been though this yet, but know you and your husband are in my prayers
In friendship
Jeannie

Hi Christy,
It could be the meds - Lord knows, they have to take so many I don't know how it COULDN'T affect you! On the other hand, he may know that it's his time - my husband knew - he told us all how much he loved us, and that he didn't have long, and passed away two days later. It was still a shock to us - we knew it would be soon as he had declined a lot in the past week, and had a bad episode with breathing on the weekend prior. It wasn't as people had said it would be though - many people said that he'd quit eating, drinking, fall into a coma - the day before he passed we had a family BBQ and he ate well, visited with everyone. The only thing I noticed was that he was lethargic, and had increased the number of hours he was sleeping. He was quite anxious too - until we assured him that if he was ready to let go it was okay (that was so hard!) - he was at peace after that. He didn't go into a coma until about 45 minutes before he passed, but his breathing was quite labored, and he wouldn't eat breakfast that morning. As I said it was a shock - we weren't expecting it to happen so quickly - you know that is the eventual outcome, but doesn't make it hurt any less.

Don't know if I've helped, and I hope I haven't upset you but I know I had questions the same as you.
I'm praying for you and your family,
Beaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back