Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Destn
Hello I have never posted here before. My Aunt has ALS. I visited her today. She cant move or speak, has feeding tube- but has not received nourishment in several days, hospice in home daily. She is very pale and her knuckles are blue. She seems exhausted- didnt respond to me at all. Breathing is VERY DIFFICULT.
My mother (aunt's sister) lives about 2,000 miles away and wants to be here for the end-of-life. I don't want to alarm my mom...BUT...I think she should hurry.
Do you all agree? Thanks

So sorry to hear of your Aunt's situation. I think it would be better to give your mother the straight situation and let her decide. Hospice can usually give you a timeframe.

Sharonca

I'm sorry to read about your aunt. Speaking from my nursing background (retired RN), I think your assessment is accurate and calling your Mom seems most appropriate. I wll say prayers for you and your aunt.
Laurel

I, too, am sorry to hear about your aunt. I agree with Sharonca; hospice should be able to give you an accurate assessment of your aunt to pass on to your mom. Blessings on your family.

Thanks for your advice

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. My mom is the her way now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back