Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
mornings are foggy, i feel dizzy very often (i thought it was lack of glucose in a brain), and i think i found out:
my bp is from 68/59 to 151/101 and more and my hart beat is often more than 100. few minutes ago it was 160. no, i'm not rabbit.
recently i discovered insulin resistance: glucose ogtt is 8.6mmol/L and insulin is (was) 562pmol/L.
i didnt pay attention until my legs turn purple. since there's no help from any doc, i use just metformin, 2x1g/day. no receipt required. nothing else. my colesterol is 5,9 (ref is 5), and triglicerides are 2,5 (ref is 1,7).
started with low carb diet.
docs gave up saying "it is als, can not help you."
no cigarettes ever, no alcohol, no sugar, i practice whenever i can. 184cm/82kg., 53 years old
someone shares experience? any advice?
thanks

Last edited:
It sounds like something other than ALS. There is no rule that you can’t have other diseases.

are you taking your heartrate from a pulse oximeter? If you have an irregular heart beat that will be inaccurate. Can you see an internist and get an ekg? And is a doctor managing your sugar? Also, if you are still trying supplements and off label meds you may be having effects from those

Are you still fasting?

You can get a glucometer and see how your sugar is running before/after meals, since you are managing your own glucose. Hydration is important, along with a balanced diet.

Not sure what lab work you have had in the past, but if not recently, I would try to make sure your pancreatic, liver and kidney function have been tested, especially if you use a lot of supplements and different diets. I don't see how your docs could object to that.

@nikki youre right. as soon as i will be able to visit internist, i'll scan myself and do a blood test (again). i did it last time - last year. everything was perfect. oh, i forgot... spo2 is 95-98%, heart rate is from 85mostly-160(!), i did it in a few devices, hba1c is 5.6 (ono month fasting), today glucose at 7am is 6.8 after 2 yogurts. right now i'm in rehab hospital. swallowing is normal. my neuro wants me to implant peg, saying "now is a right time, you have some fat on belly and it can be adjusted good". i said that i dont want cables and ill let life to take a course. it was in 02/21. very few suplements and i manage my insuline resistance bymyself, same as all other things, since medicine gave up. by the way, i have noone, i live alone. while i write, i am alive. it doesnt have to do anything with als, but it looks like domino effect. als-reduced movement-pressure-bowel problems-liver-everything...
@nona um... yes, but i shrunk my fasting window. let's say 16/8. it is not wise, i know, but i dont care anymore. what must be, it will be. today or tomorrow.
@igelb laurie ill check everything in august if i survive. agree about glucometer. recently found out about familly history about dmt2.

jethro, you are one tough cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back