Diagnosis
09/2017
Country
HR
State
Croatia
City
ZAGREB
by chance, i found in 1997 that alt and ast are high, double than max referent value. i was virus free (no hep, no alcohol, nothing), nothing ached me and i checked liver after 1, 2... 10 years, results were the same. doc. said: "god knows where and when it bring consequences".
my als started with same alt and ast - high, but nobody paid attention.
after detox, nad+, cannabis etc situation is normal, normal value of liver enzimes.

what tudca is doing here in amx0035? repairs liver and keeps nerves out of apoptosis? could liver be cause or consequence? i found in sci articles that in trial, 76% pals had steatosis (fatty non alcoholic liver), which is liver disorder caused by fat. liver looks bigger, whiter and some enzimes are elevated - alt, ast, sometime ggt...
("high incidence of mild liver dysfunction", "steatosis in ALS is unlikely to be only direct consequence of dyslipidemia, but could be extra-neuronal involvement of ALS. " )
any pals with liver issue?
any pals who never had liver issue?

i reffered to:

I have never had a liver issue. Also, After years of riluzole my liver function tests remain unchanged at the lower midrange of normal- meaning above borderline low

No liver abnormalities for me.

I've not had any liver issues.

I have fatty liver disease, it was evident before any symptoms of ALS.

no liver issues of any kind with my husband

I have fatty liver disease, it was evident before any symptoms of ALS.
sorry, don't want to steal your privacy, but as allways, i am interesting in a particular details: did you check alt , ast and ggt? is your liver - pale (ultrasound)? what is your bmi? when did you check liver last time and did you loose weight?
thx

My dad had no liver issues..

My husband had issues with his liver while on statins......especially lipitor. He also developed type two diabetes one year before he was diagnosed. Currently he is off statins and has normal liver and kidney functions.... and is now considered pre diabetic.

I have full on cirrhosis, but that can be blamed on my lifestyle of Bourbon and Bad Choices...
Vincent

My husband had issues with his liver while on statins......especially lipitor. He also developed type two diabetes one year before he was diagnosed. Currently he is off statins and has normal liver and kidney functions.... and is now considered pre diabetic.
My dad was on cholesterol pills for 20 years..You think it is a coincidence?

Using the search function to search for cholesterol brings up a couple of mentions of this association. I had wondered about liver/cholesterol in relation to ALS after that paper from the University of Exeter and then the TUDCA/Amylyx discussions.

@Fonz did he use statins? what to say if Mayo states: "There's no good evidence that statins cause or trigger ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. However, there have been reports of people who have developed ALS while taking statins. Other studies have shown a decreased risk of ALS in people who take statins. "
@Samkl i bought tudca and i will use it 2 x 1 g/day. i had elevated ast and alt for decades. i never knew that until i (by chance) checked my blood after car accident in 1997. i couldnt put enzimes in a reference area/values, so they thought it was willson's disease, hepatitis, alcohol disorder, etcetc. they found nothing, so they concluded - steatosis/fatty liver! i had that alt and ast value untill i lost 40 pounds. now i am clear of everything, except als. good job, isn't it?
i search EVERYTHING related to als genesis for a 2 years everyday, 2-8 hours/day. literraly EVERYTHING, sci, anecdotals.... what is disapointing - mostly sci articles end with "further trials needed" or so. not to mention that one trial proves A, the other trial proves B. liver doesnt have to do anything with als, same as gut, bacteria, lyme, mercury, ayahuasca, pluton, etcetc, but EVERY article ends with something like: " The researchers said they hope scientists will keep studying how .... may be of therapeutic use for ALS patients. " nothing seems to be 100%. why? cause "everyone is a different", cause of many als variants...? lunasin helped (just to) mcduff, so bedlack is very excited.
RESEARCHERS say that SCIENTISTS... wtf? i thought it is the same, or someone plays table tennis with pals and cals lifes? i think that als is a foggy area, and we can not see anything not because of fog, but 'cause light is turned off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back