State
SK
City
Žilina 8
Hello everyone and thank you for your opinion

Man
Age 29 years
Europe

Around the beginning of December 2021, after waking up, I began to feel weakness in my hands, which disappeared after about 5 minutes.
Subsequently, about two weeks later, I began to feel jerks (fasciculations) first in my legs then my hands and then all over my body, back, abdomen, arms, legs, head, face all during the week.

About a week later, I woke up with the feeling that my speech had worsened when I read the text, but when I had to talk so spontaneously, I was wrong in my own words.

Man
Age 29 years
Europe

Around the beginning of December 2021, after waking up, I began to feel weakness in my hands, which disappeared after about 5 minutes.
Subsequently, about two weeks later, I began to feel jerks (fasciculations) first in my legs then my hands and then all over my body, back, abdomen, arms, legs, head, face all during the week.

About a week later, I woke up with the feeling that my speech had worsened when I read the text, but when I had to talk so spontaneously, I was wrong in my own words.
When I know what I'm going to talk about, my speech is normal, but if I just have something to talk about, I'm wrong as I mentioned. In the mirror I see the hips of my tongue shaking when he is calm. Two neurologists have said that my tongue is free of fasciculations, but I can still see how my hips are shaking.
When I ask them then, they don't feel like my speech is getting worse or that I have a different voice.
But I perceive that it is different than before.
Furthermore, while typing on the phone, I began to feel the weakness of the little one on the right hand, followed by the wrist, which weakness will pass to pain after a while.
When I stop writing and the hand rests the pain will go away.
When cooking or mixing food, I feel the same pain for a while.
I turn on the button, tie the strings and lift even heavier loads.
But I feel my hands promising. I have a feeling that I sometimes have cramps, thighs of both legs, forearms of both hands, I do not know if they are cramps or not just it is a withdrawn feeling too?
Other symptoms I've noticed at this time are that my balance has deteriorated and I feel a weakness in my right leg, where I've been feeling cold lately.
Moments like toes and heels are fine, I can walk both on tiptoe and heel.
In the last two weeks, I have been eating a healthy diet and taking magnesium supplements, and my fasciculations have eased quite significantly, but I still feel them.
It's such tingling. Maybe bubbling.
I often have a tingling toe on my left foot, this limb seems to me the only one right now.
My sleep has been bad for the last two months until the last few weeks when I take melatonin, so I sleep for eight hours.
I lost approximately 7 kg in 3 months.
When I write this text and it still happens to me the last time I have my hands bent, I will both endure me.
When I wake up, I feel hand pain.
It will pass after a while.
Swallowing big sust seems to me to be easier than small.
I can swallow water normally.
I have dry mouth in the morning but during the day I feel more saliva forming.
Especially after smoking.

I apologize for my grammar with the text but how much I am with Europe so my English is not good and I used the Google translation.

Questions:

1: Is it possible for ALS that my symptoms throughout the body are so pronounced within two months and have spread throughout the body?
2: It is with ALS that patients feel cold in the limbs, I feel it mainly in the right leg.
3: It is normal for ALS that fasculations start all over my body, as I wrote, I have them everywhere.
4: Do patients have a problem with speech while reading?
5: Are ALS cramps painful or not?

6: Of course, I am interested in a comprehensive view of my symptoms regarding ALS.

Thank you very much
Peter

Good day
I would like to apologize to you all for touching someone here and I want you to know that every single PALS I really appreciate is what you have to go through, every single one is a hero to me.
I apologize for my English again and if something is written incomprehensible advice I will try to describe it to you again.
I would like to add some of my symptoms, since yesterday my back started to hurt in the middle part.
With the fact that I may know that my symptoms are meaningless for you, but my cramps that I have daily in my hands and feet convince me that I probably have a given diagnosis.

I would really appreciate your opinion and I ask you as a human person about your experience, I am the father of a little boy of 4 years and I am afraid of him.

Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

Peter from Slovakia

I am sorry you didn’t get a reply. It is hard for some of us to read long post though we appreciate very much that you use paragraphs. Thank you. And your English is fine

to answer questions

to have symptoms all over in a short time would be unusual and very aggressive disease. You would be very disabled

no. Sensory ( feeling) symptoms are not a sign of ALS

twitches mean nothing without weakness. Especially all over

speech is no different when reading. If others including your doctors are not commenting on your speech it is good

yes cramps hurt people with ALS just as they hurt when cramps for other reasons

it doesn’t sound like ALS please work with your doctors and trust their advice

20220429_082531.jpg
20220429_082539.jpg
20220429_082547.jpg

Attachments

• 20220429_082521.jpg
    20220429_082521.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
Good day

I would like to update my status and ask the last questions how much I already have after the emg exams I will add a picture from the exams.

The first EMG was made classically without needles. Visible on the chart.

From the second EMG needle I have only verbal expressions so I can't send a graph.

I was tested for tetaton, which was positive. [mod note: OP clarified as "hyperventilation-induced tetany," which can be secondary to anxiety states, in which low calcium causes spasms]

Is it possible that there would be no respiratory or bulbar onset of these EMGs, even though I already have weakness in my leg and twitching all over my body ???

I'll send a summary of my symptoms again so you can take a picture.

Start (approx. 10.12.2021)

(Today is 4/26/2022).

Weight loss 5 kg.

I have to overeat to keep my weight and not lose weight.

Full body phasing, especially of the legs, arms, abdomen, dorsal shape of the head, palms, walked practically throughout the body. + language.
Amplified by those unfamiliar words, probably because I speak much less because I am afraid and I try to speak clearly.

I see a deterioration every month.

Difficulty breathing when lying on the right side and after eating.

Not while walking.
The thinner shoulder of the forearm, the pain on the right side during exertion and the burning after receding subside.

Thinner tibia pain and burning of the right leg during exercise recede after rest.

Half cramps in the legs, especially the inner thighs. Both feet.
The thinner back under the shoulder blade and the lower back provide pain even when standing or sitting for a long time.

Muscle pathways and cracking of the bones all over the body.
General muscle weakness.

burning muscles in the arms and legs in certain areas.
Humming in the ears.

Ingestion was exacerbated mainly by cracking of the neck when swallowed.
The last two weeks. (12.4.2022-26.4.2022).

Salivation throughout the day from the onset of symptoms and during narration.

Tearing legs and arms.
Both sides.
Thank you very much for your reports and I pray for every individual with this disease
close up of needles

I did not notice spontaneous activity in the examined muscles I did not notice acute denervative changes in the examined muscles without evidence of chronic neurological changes

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a nerve conduction study, which doesn't speak to ALS. If you have the EMG portion, a table of findings, that would be more useful. But the summary seems to say that the EMG was normal, which again, means no ALS. So I would regroup with your internist for followup.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your answers I really appreciate it.
I would like to ask you a few more questions please.
I had a needle EMG on 6 muscles last week.
It was a muscle in the right hand between the finger and forefinger, then the left under the thumb, the right shoulder muscle, the massater muscle (chewing gum), the forelegs and the thigh muscle.
In conclusion, there was no spontaneous activity on the examined muscles, I did not notice any diurnal changes, in the examined muscles without obvious chronic neurons. changes.

The last few days I have a very hard time breathing and I have had when I can take a deep breath at night, I often wake up and in the morning I had a headache.
As you know, I wrote that I had speech problems, and now the pain of the tongue has added to it, and when I talk, I bite my tongue as if it were big on my mouth.

My question is.

Because I have fasicks with my body and the hand where the EMG was done between my index finger and thumb is thin in my forearm (my stronger hand)
Would the EMG have a problem with ALS?
Is it possible that with all these symptoms and weakness of the whole body, there would be no changes in EMG?

Thank you very much for your time and experience.
18.5. I'm going to the hospital to go to a hospital where I'm undergoing a lumbar puncture, so I hope I'll be wiser than what's going on with me, how many little sons I have, and I'm really worried.
Ps: please answer my questions thank you very much.

A normal EMG is wonderful news as regards ALS. With the issues you list, it is as definitive a "no" as there is, coupled with your lack of functional deficit.

I would ask about screening for sleep apnea and movement disorders in sleep. A condition like that can cause all the problems you are listing. If you are scheduled for an LP, the doctors should have other possibilities in mind. You can always ask what they are thinking -- it is your right. But you're in the wrong place here -- a very good thing. Accordingly, I'm closing this thread. Feel free to update if/when there is a diagnosis that you can report.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back