Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Ca
State
Ont
City
Kitchener
Hi everyone I'm helmut 38 from Canada. I've been dealing with a lot of symtoms since July. They all came at once.

Wondering if anyone can help me out.

First I felt off balance like I've drank 3 beers feeling. I can walk with no issues no vertigo..some days are abit better.
I have lower back pain that is there most of the time.
Top of My knees feel weak, and some days they grind which also comes and goes.
I've had blurry vision come and go. Pain in my eyes like they are straining with abit of headaches. Also comes and goes.
My right ankle feels like I've worked it out and have an annoying knot pain that comes and goes. My ankle still hasn't healed in 4 months but not getting worse..just annoying.

I can walk on it fine. Some days it's fine and forget about it.

My calve on the right side gets fuzzy at times and I also have a hot sensation that comes and goes on the side of my foot.

Weird sharp needle pains in both arms that come and go. Had a few vertigo spells that lasted 2 days.

Had tremors in both hands that would come and go.

Some days my upper legs feel weak like rubber. Also comes and goes. I am on anxiety pills and for depression. I had bad anxieties the first month, kept waking up to a feeling of impending doom.

The first month my hands felt weak but that went away.

I also had fatigue the first month but that went away.

Dry itchy skin on face and scalp.

I haven't noticed any abnormal amount of twitching. Just regular odd twitching. I don't have any clinical weakness, it's all perceived weakness.
I thought I had ms or lyme or als. Been terrified the past 5 months. I finally saw a neurologist.

I had ct scan, mri of brain and spine, lots of blood work also checked for lyme and for ms. Also had emg (it was only a ncs) they didn't put needle in muscle only checked nerves.

Results came back normal. He found no lesions, nothing. He showed me my mri..he said there's nothing .

The neurologist did an exam...made we walk on my toes other tests. He said I was normal.

I'm happy it's not ms..but in the same time I'm frustrated and worried that it can be als.
Feeling like this since July up until now. 5 months.

I missed 2 weeks of work in August but have been working 35 hrs a week.

I've also been wondering if I have a gluten sensitivity since I have ulcerative colitis. Past few weeks I've been a on a gf diet..and has felt like I had some improvements. Maybe it's wishful thinking. My doctor thinks it's stress related.

Hope someone can help put mind at ease or guid me to something that I haven't thought of.

Thanks

No, this does not sound like ALS at all. Your doctors have apparently told you that--please believe them. Rather than asking you physicians to rule out diseases, you should be asking THEM what is going on. Let them diagnose you, but, seriously, stop worrying about ALS.

I'll second that. You aren't describing ALS one bit. You may have something going on but it isn't anything the folks here can help you with as we aren't doctors.

Thanks for your responses.

I have asked them to find out what's wrong, but they say there's nothing they can physically find. That's it's in my head. Friends family coworkers think I'm nuts lol.

Frustrating.

Thanks again.

Split3 I'am happy to tell you with ALS, NOTHING comes and goes. I don't have any of your symptoms and I have ALS.

Helmut, we aren't doctors, so it would be irresponsible of us to point you toward some disease or another. See your family GP medical doctor.

If you think diet has an effect, why not consult a dietician? But you don't belong here.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back