PALS
Country
IN
State
uttar pradesh
City
ghaziabad
Hi Everybody,

I was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS, a juvenile form of MND) in 1999. I was then 22 years old & able to walk,write & make co-ordination properly but now I am unable to walk, write & make co-ordination. My symptoms at the time of diagnosis were wasting of small muscles in hands, fasciculation all over the body & progressive weakness in all four limbs. My MRI & blood tests were normal and ENMG report shows : "preganglionic motor axonal involvement". Later in 2000, at another hospital I was diagnosed as " Anterior Horn Cell Disease ? " . Nowadays I am feeling very weak & experiencing a great stiffness in my neck. I feel very strange sound in back of my head above neck region. I think, perhaps it would be fasciculation in cerebellum or spinal cord. Is someone experiencing the same sound ? what is it ? Please let me know, is there any alternative therapy to stop progressing of disease or to cure it? Have you ever heard of yoga & ayurveda ? Can Ayurveda or Yoga provide relief or cure ALS patient ?

Hope for best answer.

As I am new to this forum, I hope for some good friends I will find here

yours new friend,

pradeep k. rana

I have that sound you are talking of. It's like a ticking and likely the fasics. I am undaignosed.

There is no cure for ALS, only treatments to possibly slow, such as vitamins, riloutek and substances such as COQ10.

Sorry you are going thru this at such a young age...i'm 32.

Hi

Hi Dear Friend,

Myself is Siya from Cochin. Kerala , India

I would like to refer Swamy Nirmalanda Giri of Karuna Foundation
He will be available on Mon, Tue & Wed at
Karuna Fiundation
Ottappalam
Palackad District
Kerala.

I am sure that his treatment will help you to survive.

He is practicing an alternate medicine plan different from ayurveda and sidha, but using both thiese methods.
He has his own reasons for that and he will very well justify it.
He has aquired extreme knowledge in this way and getting miracluous results also.
He used to take classes for doctors in Amrita Institute of medical science, Lakeshore hospital etc.

Dont panic. The doctors and hospitals are not to decide your fate.
its the internal jyothi, which leads you. So keep your spirit up.
believe that you can recover it.

My father also diagnosed MND so i too know the details of MND.

you may contact me at [email protected]

pradeep k. rana said:
Hi Everybody,

I was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS, a juvenile form of MND) in 1999. I was then 22 years old & able to walk,write & make co-ordination properly but now I am unable to walk, write & make co-ordination. My symptoms at the time of diagnosis were wasting of small muscles in hands, fasciculation all over the body & progressive weakness in all four limbs. My MRI & blood tests were normal and ENMG report shows : "preganglionic motor axonal involvement". Later in 2000, at another hospital I was diagnosed as " Anterior Horn Cell Disease ? " . Nowadays I am feeling very weak & experiencing a great stiffness in my neck. I feel very strange sound in back of my head above neck region. I think, perhaps it would be fasciculation in cerebellum or spinal cord. Is someone experiencing the same sound ? what is it ? Please let me know, is there any alternative therapy to stop progressing of disease or to cure it? Have you ever heard of yoga & ayurveda ? Can Ayurveda or Yoga provide relief or cure ALS patient ?

Hope for best answer.

As I am new to this forum, I hope for some good friends I will find here

yours new friend,

pradeep k. rana

Hey Rana,

I have also been diagnosed with a juvenile ALS when I was 26 last August and so far more or less I am doing ok and still hoping that my ALS will stop or remains stable.
What I find very weird in your situation is that a year after you first diagnosis u were diagnosed with another disease. So again it shows how Neurologists are in a way still confused about all these neurological diseases. What about now what is exactly your disease after 7 years? is it still Anterior Horn Cell Disease or again it is ALS?

What about you Jamiet? how about your progression? is it also slow?
well as long as your not yet diagnosed I hope that you wont end up having ALS.

Omar

Hi
Just to clarify. Anterior Horn cells are the motor neurons on the spinal cord and therefore part of Motor Neuron disease..True ALS involves both brain and spinal motor neurons,but sometimes the disease remains only in the spinal motor neurons and that is called Progressive Muscular Atrophy.For other people , the disease starts with the spinal motor neurons , but then involves the brain ones as well and so is true ALS. Spinal motor neuron involvement gives the weakness,fasciculations and cramps,but the spasticity and brisk reflexes are caused by the brain motor neurons.
Hope that helps and not confuses. I'm not sure I've explained it that well!
best wishes
Jean

Hey Jean,

Thank you very much for explaining the difference between the Anterior Horn cells and ALS.
My neurologists didn't mention it for me, So now it is very clear.

Thank you again

Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back