Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MA
City
Brighton
Hi dear members! My name is Olesya. Originally I am from Russia from Moscow...now live in USA....I beg my pardon for my English in advance. I would like to tell you my story and ask for advice.

Two years ago i lost my dear son after delivery. I had twins...i had severe stress...my second one is normal for now....In the beginning of May 2019 my baby had Roseola ( virus herpes 6 type) and he had very severe symptoms. Unstable gait. Temperature. Seizures...I was alone with him and I had so huge stress during 2 weeks...I was in tremor with all my body ... i thought he has cerebellum tumor.. and I didn't sleep a few nights and had no appetite.( I wrote that may be this is important)

..after that In the end of May 2019 I had a strange viral infection ( mild temperature, nausea, diarrhea, shiver, headache in my forehead). It was about 3 weeks. After the infection in week I started to feel strange symptoms: tingling (or tickling) in my arms and legs and arms tremor...I visited my doctor and I did MRI of brain and MRI of neck spine. All was normal. Then I had some blood tests. All was normal. Then again in a week I started to feel twitching in my muscles ( especially in calfs. Symmetrically. )And in arms, belly and lips but less than in calfs.after that I started to feel fatigue in calfs muscles very quickly especially I climbed stairs...then I visited neurologist and he said all good.

after neurologist's visit all symptoms was gone during a week or may be it seems to me ( I was very busy with my little baby. He had problem with health again..I was stressed again). Then all symptoms reappeared again. I mean tingling in legs and arms and chest and back. Muscles fatigue in calfs when I go and climb. Twitching around the body. And added pain in lower back, shoulder blades and shoulders. When I try to move or turn or bend down it's really uncomfortable ((. And from time to time when I walk it's seemed to me that my legs are not mine.. Strange feeling.and especially in the first part of day I have drowsiness.. and when I have tickling I feel something like perceived weakness... i used bicycle and felt severe tingling in my legs....

Neurologist said I don't need EMG...but I am really scared....I think about my little son and I wanna see how he is grow up((((((and I read Internet so much about ALS and now I am sure that I have it....(((( Or may be other serious neurology condition... neurologists don't know what with me... But I can't take care about baby I think only about my symptoms ((((and crying...

my GP doesn't want to give new tests but he doesn't know what I feel. Neurologist said this is may be neuropathy and that's all..no treatment I got from doctors((...and how should I live with this feeling? I think about ALS all time. Especially I worried about fatigue in legs...may be this because of my muscles have atrophy and can't hold .....what can it be? Help me!!! Say something please.. kind regards.Olesya

Olesya, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. It must be terribly frightening when your surviving baby gets sick. I can only imagine the stress you must be under.

Fortunately none of the symptoms you describe sound anything like ALS. Your body not feeling like your own, pain, tingling, discomfort, perceived weakness — none of these have anything to do with ALS. It’s also reassuring that the neurologist didn’t find any actual weakness.

Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

Please see your doctor for help managing your stress and anxiety.

And please read this if you have not already done so: Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms!

Thanks a lot for your answer ! What really worried me from my symptoms is fatigue ( or may be tension) in calfs...for me I decided that this is because of muscle weakness or wasting in legs. I can't understand why I feel this(.. it's very uncomfortable... How long should I wait for understanding that I haven't or have ALS? . I lost interest in life for now...and my family is suffering because of me...

Calf fatigue and tension is very common, Olesya, especially with the stress and anxiety you are feeling, and fatigue with taking care of a sick child. So is a post-viral fatigue when you are going full-out.

You do not have ALS or anything close to it.

I can tell you are feeling anxious about your son when you say things like "normal for now," and perhaps those feelings are carrying over to your own health. Obviously, you will always mourn your lost son, but to do your best by his brother, you would not want your loss to dominate your shared future. Your physician can help you find someone to talk to about all this, and I hope that you pursue that so you and your son can live a healthy, happy life.

Best,
Laurie

Dear Laurie! Thanks for you time to answer me and your wishes! I wish you all the best too.

I would like to know can involuntary movement of index finger be a symptom of ALS?

Dear members!!!help please. For now spasm is appeared in my throat!! It's feel like someone hold my neck and squeeze it.. can it be bulbar symptoms ALS that following after my other symptoms which I wrote above?? I am scared to death.....

Stop! No, you don’t have ALS. You have severe, crippling anxiety. Please see a mental health professional. We can’t help you for this problem on an ALS forum. Hanging out on this forum will only increase your anxiety. I will be closing this thread. Please don’t open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back