Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
NY
Hi everyone I hope you are doing ok so lately with all my fasiculations I saw that I have problem Wii my tongue aspect and I think it an atrophy so what do you think <images removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
The tongue pics were a bit much, and we cannot evaluate your tongue over the Internet. I didn't see anything troubling, but you can show a physician, even on line.

Many people with fascics, which are generally benign when not accompanied by clinical weakness, think their tongues are abnormal, and usually they are not.

Best,
Laurie

Hi , I'm really worried. I did an emg today and it was clean but since I noticed tongue fasiculations and hyperreflexia am worried that my emg was early is that possible

Tongue twitching is no more worrisome than any other twitching.
you noticed hyperreflexia? 1 you can not test your own reflexes 2 if your doctor found hyperreflexia it is not worrisome without other exam abnormalities especially if it is both sides. Often a sign of anxiety

your emg was normal. You have nothing to worry about

I'm sorry to bothering you but I really need some help here , usually I don't have tongue fasiculations so as soon as I noticed it I started panicking after that I noticed that my left hand is thinner than the right one especially the thenar and the hypothenar muscles so I visited my neurologist he said I have hyperreflexia and I need to do an emg .
The emg was clean.
And I was so relaxed until I saw some posts saying that the emg can be too early , I will leave one them in the photo below .
Plz help as they said I'm on the rabbit hole 😢😢

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_080324.jpg
    IMG_20201202_080324.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 243
I don't see anything about an EMG in that post, or what the symptoms were at the time of the "falsely clean" (if that is what's asserted) test.

To the best of my knowledge, we haven't seen any people here with clinical, objective weakness or other obvious deficits whose EMGs were falsely squeaky clean.

Honestly, reading subjective social media accounts of what happened last year or three years ago, which is difficult to recall in the best of times, is more of a threat to your health than ALS. These are accounts from a point of view -- nothing wrong with that, but not health advice for your own situation. You're fortunate enough to live in a city with world-class health care, so you don't need to read tea leaves.

Try a dry throat spray, drink more, consider a sugar-free cough drop.

My EMG was abnormal long before I had weakness. Twitches mean nothing.

Can you please tell me how was your emg look like ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back